DC2 JDM Front Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2 JDM Front Insurance

hey guys was thinking about upgrading to the JDM front end and wondering if there is anything i need to change with insurance

Firstly, how is the JDM front an upgrade? LoL.

Yes. I think you will have to alert your insurer of this modification. Plenty of other people on here have had excessive insurance issues due to the JDM front.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

The only problem i had was a shit repairer and parts hard to get with Just car.

BUT NRMA insure any modification and you dont need to state them.
      Thats who im with and i got JDM front.

Also ive read somewere the Jdm front is for air dynamic, more front downforce,
      Also the stock HID's are the bomb!!!
      sigpic
      128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Also ive read somewere the Jdm front is for air dynamic, more front downforce,
        Is that when you hit 88mph? I better top up the flux capacitor..

Quote:
        You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

LOL yer for traveling through time. im serous though, read it some were.
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Heh - I read that the JDM front wasn't revised on Aussie 'tegs because of safety to pedestrians if you hit them.

Not sure I believe that either but it leads to an interesting hypothetical:

If you hit a pedestrian and it was recognised that you had modified the car to make it more dangerous on impact (eg JDM front) would an insurance company use this as a loophole to escape pay out? Is the onus on the modifier to ensure impact safety meets the market delivered version or on the insurance company to research the modifications you make and insure/refuse insurance?

Just a hypothetical - I like the JDM nose myself
            1988 CRX
            1999 Integra Type R
            2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Any modification is meant to be engineered.. Even extra's from the manufacturer on a brand new car can be defected..

Personally i think common sense should be used. Nothing sharp, pointy should be pretuding the car.

Example. metal front lip's, wings extra.. Exhaust side exist. Intake filter's through the bonnet. Front tow hook.

I personlly have a rear tow hook. But cant see how i can hit some one with that.
              My thoughts more front and sides.

Think about all the off roader's with metal side steps, bull bars..
              utes with metal canopies over hanging the tray.. Extra
              sigpic

Comment

Both you're facts sound dubious to me.
                PS: AUDM TEG FTW!

Quote:

Comment

my understanding is that the insurance will cover the cost of a OEM replacement (AUDM), then you would have to pay the difference between a OEM replacement and the extra amount it would cost to acquire a JDM front (on top of OEM price)
                  Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

BTW broski, this is a general automotive thread.
                    Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

NRMA covers all mods. Ive spoke to them about it, And they've said its fine.

Also Nrma u can have any repairer fix your car.. Just car. forces u to go to there cheap crap places!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                        NRMA covers all mods. Ive spoke to them about it, And they've said its fine.

Also Nrma u can have any repairer fix your car.. Just car. forces u to go to there cheap crap places!!
                        Nice

Comment

LOL if your going to hit someone in your car im pretty sure JDM or AUDM front its still going to hurt. who comes up with this stuff they are hilarous!
                          S2000
                          WSID : TBA
                          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

Nrma bro they covered my mugen front lip and they didn't even know I had it

Comment

hey man, seeing that u have red JDM front, i was wondering how much it was to get it painted? majorly the front ends i can find are white.

Comment

Working...
                              X