Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowering(springs): DC5s

Hi guys
    Recently purchased a dc5s and will be performing stage 1 modifications over time, the first of which, lowering via springs (only planning on using the car for everyday driving, coilovers being far more expensive seems a waste.)

I'm sure there are a ton of people who have advice / regrets about adjusting their rides height, so i was looking to get some opinions.

I am considering a 2 - 2 1/2" adjustment atm
    Planning on getting 17" Enkei RPF1 Rims in the near future as well

2 to 2.5 inches of lowering will make the front of a DC5S hit the bump stops very often with stock dampers. I am not even sure there are many lowering springs that lower the car that much at the front. If you just want to get springs then I'd set your ride height goal more conservatively.

Comment

Wouldn't you also have to keep in mind that springs with stock shocks will affect the rebound in that the car will bounce all over the place? In turn that'd mean the chance of scrubbing with such a height would be higher (especially if you decided to go for an aggressive wheel).

Comment

In other words
        Probly worth fishing out the money to get coilovers for adjustability and overall sturdier construction

Comment

Sent you a PM nylate.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
          X