Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a Type R

buying a type r
    Hey guys im currently in the market for an Integra type r, preferably dc5.

My budget is around 18k for the car, What price should i be looking at for a dc5?

Also is my budget a little low for a dc5? would i be better off looking for a dc2?

Im pretty fussy when it comes to purchasing cars, never like anything to far over 100k km wise and will never buy a car without log books. Also do not really like anything extensively modified.

My reasoning to preference over a dc5 is due to the fact that whenever i have driven one it feels like a much smoother ride then the dc2, suspension wise considering sydneys roads.

I know there are alot of dc2r vs dc5r threads and have read a majority of them and my questions are not really answered in them,

Any input woud be great thanks,

Your budget is fine for a dc5r, ppl may have them up for 19k+ but you can bargain them down! When I purchased mine the bloke had it up for 22k, I got
    It for 17,500 lol

Comment

If your pretty fussy perhaps looking at a budget from 18-20k?

If the car has the right mods, why not?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

I was fussy too but ended up upping the budget to get the car i loved

In that price bracket are also Ep3s which in my opinion are a very fine car indeed (if i could buy again it would be a tough call to make :P )

Also, i suggest looking interstate too as it gives you a wider look at what is available
        1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
        1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
        2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
        F1 Nut

Comment

Just a heads up, the insurance for a dc5 will be pretty expensive
          Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
            Just a heads up, the insurance for a dc5 will be pretty expensive
            I pay $150 a month, got no idea about insurance pricing so is that cheap? Lol

Comment

Well that equates to $1800 pa, so not really.

Comment

i pay $105 a month. now thats cheap.
                S2000
                WSID : TBA
                Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                Smooth As Detailing
                Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzo321 View Post
                  I pay $150 a month, got no idea about insurance pricing so is that cheap? Lol
                  Originally posted by M@lew View Post
                  Well that equates to $1800 pa, so not really.
                  $150 a month is quite decent, depends on your agreed value though.

Like Matt said when you work it out anually its a pretty large amount!

Just letting the TS know about insurance prices if he didn't know already.
                  Shak's S2000

Comment

flippit, saw your build thread for your dc5 and i must say it looks immaculate!

Im going to check out a blue dc5r thats advertised on carsales for 21k with rego up in july, he said he would take 19k without me disclosing a price, so im going to offer him 17.5 when i see it, has done 105xxx kms. Any tips on checking it out tomorrow?

Thanks,

Comment

You're budget is perfect, theres a few clean dc5's out there! Just make sure you inspect each car you look at thoroughly as many dc5r's are thrashed or repairable write offs from what i've gathered when looking for mine. Make sure the service history is all upto date, go for a test drive! If there is any mods done to it, ask who they were installed by
                      Have a read of my build thread

Comment

yeh i checked for insurance under another driver and its about 1200 a year, the thing is though i lost my license took it to court the magistrate said she would dismiss the case but still suspended me for a week so legally have i had a suspension or not? lol

If so would i still be covered if im an unknown driver

Comment

btw are there any clean dc5r for sale on this site? i cant see yet =[

Comment

For insurance mate, depending who your insurer is it can depend. It is safe to pay the extra dollars to have a secondary driver and you know that you will be insured, also if you do get into a prang you wont be paying the ridiculous unlisted driver excess fee.

For a clean and straight car, pay attention to engine mounts if stock, suspension if stock and all the other checks like body and interior ... it's pretty straightforward.

Comment

There is a really clean dc5r up in Brisbane...

Comment

Working...
                              X