This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3" Skunk2 MegaPower exhaust review

Hey guys thinking of buying a skunk2 megapower to replace my stock on my dc5s. So give me some general info

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

too loud.
    ... retired/

Comment

I don't think anyone on this forum runs it.

So you'd be best to get your information from a google search. How much does it retail for?

Comment

Here is a review of the 60mm version to give you a rough idea. 70mm will give you a bit more flow and noise most likely.
        Last edited by M@lew; 07-05-12, 04:03 PM.

Comment

I guess ill be the first then . I like loud ..lol

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
            Here is a review of the 60mm version to give you a rough idea. 70mm will give you a bit more flow and noise most likely.
            he is asking about the 76mm one Matt...
            ... retired/

Comment

The 70mm is very loud. I have the 60 and wish I had of just bought the 70. The one that is even bigger (RR) is said to be extremes and beyond a joke inside the car. Mine drones heaps but I like it. The RR I imagine is too much for daily. 70 would push it for daily too but could be handled
              1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
              1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
              2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
              F1 Nut

Comment

^ Agreed, I'm also running the 60mm and sometimes wish I had gone with the R. I've heard the RR is mainly for track purposes.

Comment

400 bucks for the catback system any1 got any helpful info ??

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                    he is asking about the 76mm one Matt...
                    3 inch = 76 mm not 70mm...my bad. That's why I try not to work with numbers.

Anyway after a bit of quick googling I found some opinions on the 76mm here. Seems to be a lot of trash talking but a small review. Look on ClubRSX for Skunk2 products, they're usually a bit more common there.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=766914&page=2

For what it's worth, I had the Skunk2 Megapower exhaust on my car for just a couple of months. I ultimately took it off because it was a little too loud for my personal taste. 90% of my daily driving was 70-75mph highway, and my car is my DD. Beautiful exhaust for sure. It had a great low, bass rumble at idle and in the low RPMS, but up high it absolutely screamed. In my opinion, it IS a loud exhaust

Side note as well: I noticed what I thought was a little loss of power and torque in the lower RPMs, but noticed a little gain in the top end. I think this was due to the decrease in overall exhaust back pressure.

Good luck with your decision

Comment

also - if you read the skunk2 website, RR is for 270+ WHP cars...

but who cares what it is designed for!

WE WANT LOUD!!!!!
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                        The 70mm is very loud. I have the 60 and wish I had of just bought the 70. The one that is even bigger (RR) is said to be extremes and beyond a joke inside the car. Mine drones heaps but I like it. The RR I imagine is too much for daily. 70 would push it for daily too but could be handled
                        i drove to bathurst and back with the 70mm one... silenced of course...

on the track it made my ears ring but everyone who heard me racing at Mount Panorama LOVED the noise as i was coming up the Esses... apparently I could be heard from Forrest's Elbow from Skyline...
                        Last edited by tinkerbell; 07-05-12, 04:27 PM.
                        ... retired/

Comment

Well im being told ill have 150kws with a tune and that exhaust . Right or wrong ?

Comment

Originally posted by JUST VTEC View Post
                            Well im being told ill have 150kws with a tune and that exhaust . Right or wrong ?

is Harry Potter tuning it?
                            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              is harry potter tuning it?
                              lol!!
                              Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X