Clear All

diesel in WRX?

this just happened to my friend,
    pulled up to the local caltex (inverell) in her wrx,
    filled up with vortex 98,
    drove away, got 500mts up the road and the car dies,
    turns out the petrol station has diesel in its 98 tank
    car has been towed,
    so to you mech-heads out there what kind of damage could/has been done?
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Keep the recept of the petrol and get testing of the fuel. And sue them all damage found!!!!!!!! Or just go to "today tonight and they will argue for you
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

Fuel tank will be removed & drained. Will possbily require a new fuel pump. Fuel filter will be replaced and an on car fuel injection service may also be carried out
      Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
      Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
      Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

wont there be internal damage??
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

believe it or not but the petrol station has already admitted they're in the wrong, and already given them $100 to pay for the tow,
          it's gunna be interesting to see how this plays out
          02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

I have never seen internal engine damage occour from this
            Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
            Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
            Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
            Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

wow..
              Hmm keep your receipts.
              Once your fuel tanks get drained and cleaned, should be tested so you have expert results for your case regardless of the factor that the petrol station has admitted the wrong as this will ensure that your friends car will be fully compensated for.
              Eg: All Damage caused due to the fuel, the service station (Or Petroleum Distributor) must pay for as they do offer guarantees on there fuel to say that it's quality fuel etc etc

My mum put petrol 98 into her Diesel 4WD approx 3 years ago, thankfully she didn't start the car, she realized by noticing the bill was very cheap... Lucky..
              Sucks for your friend though as she was just a regular person putting in 98 like we all do.
              Hope all goes well for her!

Comment

so i told my old man what happened and he shit his pants cause he topped up his 135i there this arvo as well, (we only have 2 servo's in town that sell 98)
                he called the station and they say it wasn't the 98 but the 95, and 4 cars have been effected

Comment

Injector clean, filter replaced, drain tank and lines will need to be done! Also may want to do o2 sensors and cat convertor after 500km or so on petrol to let all the deisel be removed. the oils in deisel will damage o2s and cat by coating in oils. engine and fuel pump should be ok.

Comment

You know, running an ethanol blend may not be such a bad idea; get some 98RON from FreedomFuels (8%?); or some 105RON (10%) from United Fuels.

While petrol will mix just fine with diesel, alcohol is that one step better at breaking down oil.

Also, dont run ANY injector cleaner 'out of the bottle'; trust me, a full tank of alchohol blend cleans well enough.

Interestingly, the problem with diesel isnt usually the thickness or anything (for example, VORTEX diesel to the human eye looks petrol thin I recon), its that it uses CETANE and not OCTANE; it could be 60RON or something :P

Comment

Working...
                    X