Goodbye Type R...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Type R...

Little read i found looking through OzHonda...

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...229-1u1qf.html

It seems they're are no plans in motion for any Type R's to come to Australian Shores....
    Hoping they do reverse this trend and can put at least one Type R in the line up...

Makes me sad
    sigpic

Comment

The petrol-electric hybrid CR-Z will now carry Honda Australia's sporting mantle, while the company waits at least three years for the reborn NSX supercar to arrive on these shores.

"Our focus in terms of sportiness is on CR-Z and NSX would be pretty much on top of our wish list," said Collins.
      Hmm, I know Honda sports cars are traditionally relatively low capacity, low torque, rev happy ...but 91kW/167Nm is ... so weak =/ especially given that it's 2012, not the 90's?

RIP Type R =[

Comment

i'd like to know who does honda au's research,
        Smalley and Collins need the arse and some fresh blood at honda aust headquarters is long overdue,
        a 25% drop in sales over the last 12 months with outdated, underspeced and overpriced cars is only the start of what i see being a long slippery slide,
        i just can't see the new civic and crv getting them out of the shit like they think they will,
        can they serously continue to ignore the corelation between the axeing of there hero cars and the slide in sales?
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

i wish they make teg Type R's again

Comment

i now drive a relic
            Project TOPLESS

Comment

Nothing new for Honda Au - they could target the p-plater market etc and even go head to head with some of the other sporty FF cars but instead stick their heads in the sand.

No 70s RS1200, no 80-90s S/Si/SiR (4 generations of Civic, 5 if you include the RS1200), no EP3, detuned JDM ITRs (don't give me that rubbish about poor fuel, I ran a EF9 SiR on Aussie 98 octane without messing with the JDM stock comp/timing) etc.

Honda Australia have always been and always will be about the bland - and they wonder why they can't compete with the smarter companies.

They need to take a leaf out of Suzuki's book in the late 80s-90s, the GTi became a cult car because people wanted sporty, even though the car was a rough, rorty little car that felt like a go-cart. They sold like hot cakes.

/rant off

(btw, I miss my GTi, going to pick one up and restore it as despite how much more powerful/better handling the DC2R is, GTis are all about fun - now I just need to convince the better half that 4 cars is good =D )
              1988 CRX
              1999 Integra Type R
              2020 Civic Type R

Comment

^couldn't agree more,
                the dc2 type r was heaped with praise and gave the red 'h' the status honda deserved, it was out of the mould, and was a winner
                but honda au went the other way, telling us it was not what people 'really' wanted, yet demand was outstripping supply
                amd again, dealerships couldn't get enough stock of the watered down dc5r, yet honda au told us that people really wanted a softy, a type-s or luxury spec car,
                every manufacter needs a hero car to provide a brand idenity, and create filtered down sales, honda has continued to ignore this fact and in turn people will continue to ignore it's cars!!
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Nooooooo But but type r <3

Comment

Type R's don't make money for Honda. They 'might' actually lose money on the hero cars. Times are tough for everyone, and Honda has to think smart about it's cars line up and prices.
                    Blaze Orange

Comment

It's sad that they are doing this... The CR-Z is so underpowered, the civic Type R had no real innovations to it over the last 6 years. Toyota is at least brining a new supra or new '86' what ever they want to call it. They have track and tested one and from
                      The looks of it will sell that. What is Honda brining to the ball game? If Toyota is picking there game up after all these years (back from the chaser and supra days) why is Honda killing the art of VTEC the real VTEC! Bring back the S2000 and tegs!!
                      Just going for a drive ~146.4kw~

Comment

The only thing Honda have going for them at the moment is the NSX, well it's not even Honda, it's there subsiduary, Acura...

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                          Type R's don't make money for Honda. They 'might' actually lose money on the hero cars. Times are tough for everyone, and Honda has to think smart about it's cars line up and prices.
                          hero cars have never been about making money directly, they're about filtered down sales, yes times are tough, but the runs on the board tell the real story, killing of its hero cars and shooting for the green angle, has had a massive impact on sales here in aus

Comment

Toyota/Subaru seem to have the right idea with the 86 - it's not a hero car like the WRXetc, but it's going to be a fun bit of kit if they don't kill it by overpricing it in Au.

Given that I can't find a decent un-hacked/unflogged/unriced S15 to sit next to my 'teg, I am seriously considering the FT86/BRZ as a fun RWD alternative (although where am I going to put the E30?).
                            1988 CRX
                            1999 Integra Type R
                            2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Setanta View Post
                              Given that I can't find a decent un-hacked/unflogged/unriced S15 to sit next to my 'teg, I am seriously considering the FT86/BRZ as a fun RWD alternative (although where am I going to put the E30?).
                              I know of a black Spec S GT AUDM S15 that is 100% stock, never modified and has high 13x,xxx kms. Interested?
                              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Working...
                              X