My thoughts on the new Penrite Racing Oil 10W40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    And I'd reccommend Penrite Racing, results are proven from my experiance and I'm just really happy with it. I'm normally happy with the Nulon oil.
    so you have obviously done more than just six days driving before thinking it is 'proven'?

or is it just after the 300km round trip?

if so, pls let us know how it is going after a few 1000km? or a track day?
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
      so you have obviously done more than just six days driving before thinking it is 'proven'?

or is it just after the 300km round trip?

if so, pls let us know how it is going after a few 1000km? or a track day?
      Yes 6 days of driving including 300km round trip.

That seems like a great idea, maybe I am jumping onto conclusion too soon. Definetly have to re-update the information at 1000km's along with track day information.

Thanks for that!
      Moiz
      無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

track days reveal all weaknesses!

(BTW - i have used Penrite SIN at the track and it performed just as well as most other brands...)

and what is the purpose of your oil? do you change every 5000km?

so it must be a "road oil"?

i change my oil before every track day/supersprint (500-2000km), so mine has to be a "road/track oil"...

i stopped buying Redline when i realised that any brand new 60 dollar 10W-40 synth oil is just as good as brand new $120 oil 10W-40 synth oil!

but if i were IPRA racing, i would have a different attitude...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          track days reveal all weaknesses!

(BTW - i have used Penrite SIN at the track and it performed just as well as most other brands...)

and what is the purpose of your oil? do you change every 5000km?

so it must be a "road oil"?

i change my oil before every track day/supersprint (500-2000km), so mine has to be a "road/track oil"...

i stopped buying Redline when i realised that any brand new 60 dollar 10W-40 synth oil is just as good as brand new $120 oil 10W-40 synth oil!

but if i were IPRA racing, i would have a different attitude...
          Well said because track day definetly reveals weakness!

Purpose is to get the best oil, in regards to preformance, life and durability. Price not too worried about. Yes oil is changed at every 5000km or 2-3months.

Yes I need road oil, however I have started to track the car so would need an oil ideal for tracking. And I do have some events once a month that requires some hard driving. So conclusion, I need a very good oil . Haha

I was in the simular situation where I started to buy Royal Purple, non the less the oil is great.. but I don't see the point in using more money for something I can pay less for.

I will get some results out in a few weeks, thanks very much for your help I think I now understand what information I need to give out when writing a review for oil or anything else.

BTW I have to thank TGW92 for introducing me to this oil, if anyone here is around Brisbane Southside PM him and he can get the oil in!
          Moiz
          無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Please give this oil a go with your next service. Retail price is $79.80 at Supercheap if I remember correctly, might be cheaper.
            Hey man, which supercheap is this? I havent seen it around
            Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Originally posted by stienerv2 View Post
              Neither have I.
              S2000
              WSID : TBA
              Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
              Smooth As Detailing
              Incar Racing

Comment

How old is your engine?
                The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Any supercheap, this oil is new to the market so most wont have it in stock. You'd have to pre-order it and it should come the next day.

Just call them up and they will order it for you, so you dont have to drive all the way there.

I never knew about this oil either but one of my good mates ordered it in for me
                  Moiz
                  無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by DakDak View Post
                    How old is your engine?
                    It was born in 1997 if thats what your asking...

near 170,000k's on the motor
                    Moiz
                    無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Yea lol. Near 170K only? Must be well looked after im surprised it eats and oil at all.
                      The Gun Metal DC5R

Comment

Any supercheap, this oil is new to the market so most wont have it in stock. You'd have to pre-order it and it should come the next day.

Just call them up and they will order it for you, so you dont have to drive all the way there.

I never knew about this oil either but one of my good mates ordered it in for me
                        Oh i thought it was off the self lol. Yeah Phil and I have to drive there anyways since we work there.
                        Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

Oh i thought it was off the self lol. Yeah Phil and I have to drive there anyways since we work there.
                          Yeah iw as guna say maybe superstores got it before us

LOL Supercheap auto crew checking in
                          S2000
                          WSID : TBA
                          Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                          Smooth As Detailing
                          Incar Racing

Comment

Hey guys,

The new Penrite oil has been in the car for abit more than a month and the car has done approx 1100km's since. These were the driving conditions

Mt driving/highway - 300km
                            Highway run - 200km
                            Daily street/highway - 200km
                            Drive to Sunshine coast and back - 350km's

So it was more of a weekend car for this month.

It's getting cold here in QLD and the cold starts are abit under average, its still great, however I can't compare since I havn't compared it with the other oils in these new morning tempreatures. So it might be just average I guess.

All up I've lost 150mL of oil in this month, I am very suprised and the oil has changed into a mild bronze color.

I usually change my oils every 2.5months, It's great to have an oil that gives me a peace of mind at times, however I still check oil levels very regularly.

Please ask questions if theres something im missing,
                            Moiz
                            Moiz
                            無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by Flippit View Post
                              Yeah iw as guna say maybe superstores got it before us

LOL Supercheap auto crew checking in
                              HAHA lol well I'm another one of the supercheap crew LOL

Don't believe superstores have it yet either, repco and autobarn just looked at me funny when I checked there

Can get it from burson auto parts or direct from penrite, but you'd be best off picking it up from penrite as if you don't order by the carton (4 bottles) you have to pay ~$7.50 from memory...

OT nice write up Moiz, good data

I am also using this oil and while I haven't been as scientific as Moiz it is going well so far, compared to Nulon 10w-40 and penrite sin 5w-60 the engine is quieter and seems to breathe nice and easy

Will definitely be using this oil again!

Comment

I made the switch to this oil, and through just general street driving duties I have noticed a 5degree drop in oil temp!
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X