Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting find: anyone else have problems with their rear mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interesting find: anyone else have problems with their rear mount?

Just saw this on ClubRSX and it seems to be a common thing with these mounts.
    I personally am not rubbishing the product, i feel like i should let all 60a Innovative Engine mount users know though.
    Precaution to be taken using aftermarket headers on the rear mount as there is no heat shield to prevent heat melting down the rubbers.
    Here's link for reference.
    Check your mounts.
    If problems do occur, it seems Innovative is willing to help out by replacing and upgrading your mounts if you choose too.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=799080
    Last edited by MYDC5R; 27-03-12, 01:56 PM.

Good job grosso
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Yeh must check mine, knew about this a while ago but never bothered checking.

Comment

that first pic looks A LOT like heat damage guys...

wrap your header or run a heatshield is the only solution, not harder mounts...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          that first pic looks A LOT like heat damage guys...

wrap your header or run a heatshield is the only solution, not harder mounts...
          Last page.
          Link for reference.
          http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=799080&page=4

If you also read what others have said, there seems to be others who have problems of there's falling apart, seems to be within the 60a range though
          The one above does seem to be heat damaged, the last one doesn't.
          Last edited by MYDC5R; 27-03-12, 11:15 AM.

Comment

are you referring to post 81?
            ... retired/

Comment

i'd heard about issues with innovative, thats why i went mugen/hasport
              02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

are you referring to post 81?
                Yes, sorry i should of clarified which post i mean't.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  Yes, sorry i should of clarified which post i mean't.
                  that is a picture of a mount from a Honda Civic with a B16A.
                  ... retired/

Comment

that is a picture of a mount from a Honda Civic with a B16A.
                    I understand that, but does it also shows the quality of the product.
                    Look, i understand the B16 is a different motor to the K20 but the product is still made of the same material is it not?
                    If you want, i will gladly find you other links of the Innovative 60a failing but then i will go to the extent of rubbish a product and then will be seen as biased.
                    I was only trying to help, but as i said, if you read through the entire 4 pages i believe, others have even said there are known problems with the 60a range
                    Last edited by MYDC5R; 27-03-12, 01:34 PM.

Comment

this mount has been heat damaged.

this mount has been heat damaged.

this mount has been installed incorrectly, it has not 'warped' it has been destroyed...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                        I understand that, but does it also shows the quality of the product.
                        no, it does not.

Look, i understand the B16 is a different motor to the K20 but the product is still made of the same material is it not?
                        yes, but you are talkign about three examples!

If you want, i will gladly find you other links of the Innovative 60a failing but then i will go to the extent of rubbish a product and then will be seen as biased.
                        no one is stopping you...

I was only trying to help,
                        yes, but you are not being very scientific or empirical about it are you?

but as i said, if you read through the entire 4 pages i believe, others have even said there are known problems with the 60a range
                        for starters, have YOU read the entire thread?

it is about 50/50 from what i see...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Post #78

I don't understand why a few people are having problems with these mounts. Some of you might remember i wrote a review on them i was the 2nd person on crsx to get these mounts and its been 3-4yrs now. These look like there melted though so i wouldnt say thats a innovative issue id say the same exact thing is going to happen to your 75a its still rubber and rubber melts. Reason the stock ones dont melt is because is because there completely open so the hot air flows thru em.

Im gonna run down and check my rear mount see if i can see anything.
                          Post #84

So i changed my oil today and i told everyone id get back to this thread. My rear mount is still perfectly fine doesn't seem broken or anything i got under there and looked around it wasnt bulging or deformed or anything like that.

Only mount for me thats starting to pop out is the transmission mount. And i was the first on crsx to install these mounts and after 4-5yrs there still holding up great, car is at 172k miles now.
                          Post #88

Yea its pretty much stock just a cai 05 exhaust and gutted cat so idk whats going on with people but doesn't seem like everyone who buys em breaks the rear mount. Then again i did install mine torquing everything exactly where it should be i didnt use a single air tool even though i did it at my shop.
                          ... retired/

Comment

I will do you a favor.
                            I won't post anything i find that i may see useful to others
                            I do apologize for an inconvenience i may have caused either know i did try to help.

Comment

you want i should change the thread title then? something like:

"interesting find: anyone else have problems with their rear mount?"

might be a better way to raise the issue?

what do you think?
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X