Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how much the labour is to install front camber bolts and rear camber arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how much the labour is to install front camber bolts and rear camber arms

Hi guys, attempted to install these myself but it was a pr!ck of a thing to do. the bolts feel like they are glued on. so figity and annoying. I got one bolt out from the rear and thats it. the fronts were ten times worse. wish i coulda saved $$ for such an easy job. any rough ideas? got quoted around $200-250 from tyre professionals dont know if thats normal or not

Use wd40.. let it seat amd use arm strength!!!!
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I would charge between $100-$150
      Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
      Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
      Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
      Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

its a bit fiddly because of the chassis in the way. i have to use a variety of extenders etc but its quite an easy job. I would not pay for someone to install a camber kit
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

get a quote from whereever you are going to get the wheel alignment done, as they will be doing the wheel alignment so might do a better 'package' price for you...
          ... retired/

Comment

Yeh its annoying but simple. Yeh a variety of extenders would be handy. thanks guys. might give it another shot before i hand it in

Comment

don't strip the nuts!

buy the right tools, or pay a person who has the right tools...
              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                don't strip the nuts!

buy the right tools, or pay a person who has the right tools...
                This.
                If you strip the nuts then you'll be paying more then what you were quoted by most and probably with the extra amount of $$ they will charge, you coulda bought new tools.

Comment

rear camber kit is easy to install.
                  front camber bolts are a little more complex, half inch drive sockets are needed.
                  breaker bars also are needed to loosen some bolts.
                  If you are installing both top and bottem camber bolts, you will need to grind off the bottom bolts tab for this to fit.
                  Also if you do what i did and snapped the inside tab that offsets the cam, you might have to buy another set of camber bolts.

Comment

iirc, got mine installed for pretty cheap - around $70-80 ... then again, I was getting some other stuff done at the same time - front camber bolts, rims onto wheels and wheel alignment

Comment

Did you end up getting them installed? I can get anything undone, guaranteed, and I can give you a hand with it later in the week.

Comment

hey chargeR, havent gotten to it yet, been trying to catch up with uni homework lol. when are you free and where u located?

Comment

Originally posted by dc5dc5dc5 View Post
                          hey chargeR, havent gotten to it yet, been trying to catch up with uni homework lol. when are you free and where u located?
                          Sent you a PM guy.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the rear camber bolts to the chassis have glue on them.

I ran into an interesting problem when installing my camber bolts which is useful to share. Before I had maxed out my front camber bolts, the top of the hub hit the strut, only giving me about 0.8 deg camber. After conversing with top, this issue seems to be due to the design of the dampers themselves. He mentioned having problems with seals and I run mugen ss on my dc5. The way around it is to either grind the hub back for clearance or run a single camber bolt on the bottom only.
                            Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                            Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                            Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Working...
                            X