Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda OEM Cabin Filter for DC5

Hey guys,

After seeing Stephen_Aus and Flippit install some cabin filters, I thought I'd do the same thing as its a cheap mod, and if it does work, healthier, cleaner, and fresh air - i'm all for it!

I finally bought a pair from eBay the other day. Reasonable price and looks simple enough to install.

Looking at Stephen's build thread, Honda locallly sell it for approx 50-60. I got 2 shipped for around $30.

Link

*Just remember to select quantity of 2.

So bloody easy to install. I followed Stephen_Aus's mini DIY on his build thread found here

I think this eBay seller is an actual spare parts Acura dealer in the States since they gave me an official invoice
    It is literally a 5min job. Cant say it works or anything, but I guess over the next 6-12 months when I do check out the appearance of the filter, if there is quite a bit of dust, I hope all you DC5 owners jump online and buy a pair!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

link??

Comment

DIY Install link here.
      http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ALL-NOOB-PROOF

Comment

Originally posted by se7en View Post
        link??
        Here: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showpost...49&postcount=4
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

did you also put an air freshener in there? it does wonders! i love mine!

Comment

Have to get around to this. When it's wet I get a funky smell on external circulation. I've taken apart the filter holder and sprayed it from the inside and outside but still does it.

Comment

I did it too, love it

Didn't put air freshener in, need to go buy a good one
              1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
              1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
              2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
              F1 Nut

Comment

I havnt put an air freshner in... whata sa good long lasting air freshner? but dont want an overpowering smell
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

the smiley face ones at supercheap are extra thick and are meant to last longer. It will be overpowering if you open the whole packet
                  Instagram: @ictorv2 & @00zaku

Comment

I just read the DIY and you doing alot of xtra stuff. If you look at Lemmiwinks last post, you just clip out the rollers, the glovebox hangs all the way down (be sure to empty contents of glovebox before doing this) open up the white plastic clip and take out two trays and cut off the flat triangle part and isnert filters/airfreshners. repeat backwards.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

^ exactly what I did, and if you have fresheners in there, it really makes the car smell nice. It's more effective than just hanging it and having that plastic shit on it. You are going to notice the dust after a month. When I checked mine, it was dirty. 9 years of dust accumulated.

Comment

Thanks mate, might pop into a SCA over the weekend.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Working...
                        X