Aus DC5R are they the real deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aus DC5R are they the real deal?

Just moved here from NZ and on the look out for a new car ,ive noticed all the DC5s here look to have the poverty pack engine??
    Respect the boobaa

Do you have a track hack to sell me?

we basically got an rsx type s with a type r interior/extior and gearbox

no brembo's
    inferior sussy
    phaggy rims
    k20a2
    heavy flywheel

probably more shit that i cant remember
    k20A DC2R

Comment

Was the suspension different? Lower compression rate and different camshafts. A 4-1 exhaust manifold. Rear sway bar is 22mm compared to aus which is 19mm. Front sway is also different to aus sway to accomodate for the lcas. Also 15mm wider on each side. And different length driveshafts.

Comment

oh really that sucks didnt think they could do that , most of the ones back in NZ must be JDM cos they all have brembos and red top motors.

Yet you can pick up a JDM DC5 in NZ for the same prioce as a DC2 R here i dont get it lol
        http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-432981129.htm
        http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-445000091.htm
        Respect the boobaa

Comment

so basically a aus spec DSCR is this?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-444656330.htm
          Respect the boobaa

Comment

Well....the tax of imported cars is rediculous. With the pricetag here you could get something crazy on the uk or nz....

Norm

Comment

Thats confusing...didnt think type s as out in 2001, and also its got a k20a engine...but yet differerent comp rate....that car isnt the real jdm dc5 by the looks of it.

Norm

Comment

The first DC5RS came out in Japan in 2001, like the first DC2Rs in 1995 coz ive owned one they seem to be on the rd in Japan before anywhere
                Respect the boobaa

Comment

That Type s is a fresh jap import in one pic it stil has jap plates,my understanding is the Type S DC5 replaced the SIR-G DC2 in Japan.

Yeah NZ didnt get the Type S until 2005 when it was facelifted but it came out pre facelift in Japan 2001 on.. there everywhere in nz
                  Respect the boobaa

Comment

So i guess in australia to have a real type r k20a machine you buy an ep3 i see theres plenty for sale and there cheap, unless you come across a jdm dc5
                    Respect the boobaa

Comment

yeh jdm ep3r. little heavier then the dc5r though. nice cars, definitely consider.
                      k20A DC2R

Comment

or unless you buy a car already engine swapped. they're in the same price range/ cheaper then dc5r/ep3r.
                        k20A DC2R

Comment

Originally posted by BEE18C View Post
                          so basically a aus spec DSCR is this?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-444656330.htm
                          Nah that car has the JDM equivalent of the K20A3, no true VTEC and much lower compression. Only 160hp or so. The Australian Type Rs are fitted with a 200hp K20A2, with the differences Norm and k20eg listed above.

Obviously not as good as the JDM car but not that bad, and we have to take what we can get. If you have only had B series double wishbone Hondas before I am not sure if you will like the EP3/DC5, they are fairly heavy/different.

Comment

dc2/eg/ek with a k

best of both worlds (if you dont care about the dated interior/exterior)
                            k20A DC2R

Comment

Yeah il prob just go for a 90s car with a b18cr swap or worked b18c for now to keep costs down.
                              Ive driven a 2004 JDM DC5R back in nz and loved it , the gearbox engine combo is awesome, the only thing i noticed they dont have the raw bark like a b series when they open up , i guess i was spoilt with my 96 spec itr best sound ever
                              Respect the boobaa

Comment

Working...
                              X