Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living with a Integra DC5R.

Hi guys,

Just so you know i've posted this in the ozhonda forums as well.

Right now im looking to buy a DC5R and was wondering if you guys could give me an idea of what it will be like living with one in terms of:

comfort - seating, ease of shift, getting in and out of the car
    handling - i've heard its great?
    performance - how does it go? how responsive is it?
    noise levels in cabin - the dc2r is a bit loud, hows the dc5r ?
    modifications - are modifications cheap and easy to do? i've heard that it is tuned pretty good out of the factory
    problems - if any?

any information regarding this would be great!

Thanks.

comfort - For a sports car its good, quite roomy, but this is subjective.
    handling - What car are you comparing to? stock isn't all that good.
    performance - "similar" to a dc2r, i say this becuase you have already driven a dc2r obiviously and this gives you a good benchmark
    noise levels in cabin - quieter then the dc2r but louder then the wrx/200sx
    modifications - Its not that greatly tuned from the factory, na cars are never cheap to modify. Having said that you can go for a xforce exhaust or a amuse exhaust. Up to you which one you go.
    problems - Engine mounts break quite often.

Comment

comfort -
      handling -
      performance -
      noise levels in cabin -

all of the above can be answered with one simple test drive. some will say dc2 is better and some will say dc5 is better....then you'll have some random ppl say go buy an evo....s15 > god....i'd say go for a test drive

modifications - plenty of parts out there...theres cheap and theres expensive parts...just depend on what path you want to take and how much you want to spend.

problems - if any? recaros get stolen....front engine mount easy to break

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

I have never driven either car but my opion is based on what other people have said and reviews.
        How bout going for a test drive? Are you comparing it to a DC2R? if so my opinon is that the DC5R is more refined than the DC2R in all respects. It is more comfortable, stiffer body, more usable engine power and more responsive to mods.

One minus with the DC5 is a lack of feed back in the steering according to some people??
        If you search the net there is heaps of reviews about the DC5 and DC2.
        F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Anyone interested with a swap with an s15 or is anyone selling a dc5r?

I've notcied theres no market place forum here cept for the vendors =\

Comment

There is, you cant see it becuase there are certin restrictions put in place on our forum.

How bout post the details of your car here and get a mod to change the title of this thread to
            "living with a integra dc5r - and a possible swap with s15"

Good luck

Comment

thanks for all the replies people its been really helpful

i will try message a mod for changes thanks Jingers

Comment

best bet is to drive one.

i didn't even consider a DC5r till i test drove one for shits and giggles (i wanted a Euro car, and they where a few grand outside my limit, till i found the one i got)

i'm sill young, and think loud, bumpy, fast cars that can be thrown around corners are fun. alot of the reveiws you'll read are going to say the S15 is a better car..... which it could be. but i think the DC5r is more "sporty" outta the box, just compare the stock seats.

It'll be alot easier to get power outta a SR, EJ or 4G....... where then you wouldn't have Vtec would you

test drive, you'll either fall in love, or think it was not what everyone makes out it to be.

laters

Comment

Originally posted by evilslug View Post
                  Anyone interested with a swap with an s15 or is anyone selling a dc5r?

I've notcied theres no market place forum here cept for the vendors =\
                  Where you located? I might be selling my DC5R soon.

Comment

im in melbourne mate

looks like you are too PM me !

Comment

I was looking at DC5Rs before I ended up with my '2R.

They are definitely more refined and easier to live with in every way. (How I would love to have 6 gears ) But is that what you want?

I decided I preferred the rougher ride and lower seating position of the DC2, where you feel like you are slung between all 4 wheels instead of sitting on top of them. Oh, and the DC5 weighs more too.

- Andrew

Comment

theres also the common recaro clicking problem where on hard cornering the top half is able to move slightly and makes an annoying click sound as it shifts. but its not harmful and can be fixed with extra parts so ive been told.
                        almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

and some people experience the rattling problem in the engine bay. whats that the cause of again? i cant remember but it can be fixed.

and also the brake fluid and easily be mistaken for cat piss.
                          almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

guys...need help...how to know if my dc5r steering racks is damage?

Comment

Working...
                            X