X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too Good to be True?

Hey guys,

I am not posting this in WTB as well, I dont WTB hahaah

Basically I saw this on car sales and wondering if anyone knows of the car or it's history? Seems way too good to be true with it's low kms, rather large exhaust and JDM wheels.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...00&sort=~Price

Let me know, open to discussion
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Anything is possible I guess.
    1988 CRX
    1999 Integra Type R
    2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Seems possible, very little wear on the seats and particularly the steering wheel.

Comment

Do it!

Edit: Research first
        Last edited by felixR; 15-01-12, 08:18 PM.
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Damn if only that was white........ Respray???

Comment

Wasn't there a black one that was written off after like 2-3k km, and sat in someones shed for about 4 or so years while it was put back together and re-registered? I am fairly sure it was black, and sold to someone in QLD.

There was a fairly in depth sales ad on here and OzHonda.

Comment

Found the link here!!

Not sure if it's the same car though...

If you get in contact with the previous seller (rehevoli) and get some details of the car (VIN, Engine number ect) you should be able to contact the seller and find out if it's the same car. The fact it has no badges on it (And the above add doesn't either) I'd hazzard a guess it's the same one.

I can also inspect the car if you are VERY serious, as mansfield is still in Brisbane.

But personally, if you call the person, you find out it's the same car, and they lie about it being written off, and they try and tell you it's been sitting it a shed for 8 years, I'd be posting up details every where to say it's a dodgy seller.

(Now I see what Felix made me a mod )
              Last edited by 45SET; 15-01-12, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Robi just a thought, the owner here in melbourne when i saw his ad on Ozhonda said the carpet had been removed from memory.. still possible that its the same car but thought i'd add that.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  Robi just a thought, the owner here in melbourne when i saw his ad on Ozhonda said the carpet had been removed from memory.. still possible that its the same car but thought i'd add that.
                  Yeah, the ad on clubITR (And I can only assume OzHonda) stated that the entire rear had been gutted (Seats, plastics etc) but would be supplied with the sale of the car.

I'll let dnapol do some futher investigating if he wants (Contacting previous and new seller)... do you, or any of the Melb guys still keep in contact with "rehevoli"? Tom I'm looking at you as you're Old School ClubITR.

Comment

ohh guys, im defidantly not buying. iv found one here in melbourne. thanks anyway 45set

i was just curious about how it could be possible to be so low km and so cheap :|

RHCP
                    F1 Nut

Comment

Ahh... well...

There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                        Yeah, the ad on clubITR (And I can only assume OzHonda) stated that the entire rear had been gutted (Seats, plastics etc) but would be supplied with the sale of the car.

I'll let dnapol do some futher investigating if he wants (Contacting previous and new seller)... do you, or any of the Melb guys still keep in contact with "rehevoli"? Tom I'm looking at you as you're Old School ClubITR.
                        Good research! I never met rehevoli but a few guys down here know Vu from DT Panels who repaired the car and with luck he would have kept records on the car so if anyone is actually interested in the car I'd advise getting in contact with him. Alternatively just calling the guy and asking for the VIN and running it with Vicroads would show it on the WOVR.

It does sound suspiciously likely given the relatively low volume of DC5Rs around, and also that the price seems to be aimed at a quick sale.

Comment

Well for QLD it's called REVS. Can get the history online these days, very quick and easy compared to calling up and asking Queensland Roads Dept.

Comment

The car is / was a repairable write off from memory here in Melbourne. Was just sitting in DT Panels shed for ages until Henry (rehevoli) bought it but he never got around to fixing and registering it.

Comment

so now, the truth is revealed. these notes should be mentioned on the listing. at least a future buying may know the truth someday

RHCP
                              F1 Nut

Comment

Working...
                              X