Wobbling under load but no longer present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wobbling under load but no longer present

hey guys tonight i was going for a short cruise and thought id go for a drive up Springwood road ... i was giving my car a little bit of curry but nothing too crazy then i noticed i got a real bad wobble under load!...Almost felt like i had a loose wheel! Anyway when i noticed it i coasted it all the way to the top then had a look under car and there was gearbox oil fucking everywhere!!! but no signs of holes or cracks.... i thought maybe the cv shaft had popped out but seems like there both in... so im thinking (hoping) at some point the shaft has popped back in because the oils seems to be concentrated around the drivers cv..... i toook it for another drive and the wobble doesnt seem to be present anymore!! so when i get to work tomoro ima pop cvs out check clips,condition of C.V seals and do a gearbox oil change :S LETS HOPE THAT WAS THE ISSUE!

Usualy if theres wobble underload it is the inner part of the driveshaft closest to the gearbox

Comment

Just out of curiosity how much does it cost to get a drive shaft replaced??

Comment

Originally posted by mnc View Post
        Usualy if theres wobble underload it is the inner part of the driveshaft closest to the gearbox
        but there is gearbox oil everywhere!!! and it isnt wobbling anymore lol

Comment

just pulled cv shaft out with ease!! there was barelly and resistance!! so i replaced the locking C clip lets see how we go!

Comment

Working...
          X