Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subwoofer Removal Help

Hey guys,

Basically I have an amp mounted to the back of my sub in our Alfa.
    Once I move to the Integra I plan to mount the sub in the dc5, but I also plan to take it out for various weekends for track days.

What im asking is, how can i remove the sub (with amp attached) from the car safely and leave all cables in the car. Then simply connect it all up again once im ready?

I was kind of hoping I wouldnt have to go to the battery, remove terminals, remove fuse, unplug everything and also detach headunit.

How should it be done?

Help appreciated, love yaz

Napz
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

What i have done is that i have valco tape at the bottom of my sub and amp and it doesn't move around or anything and is easy to remove.

You can always just unplug the cables that go into the amp and sub and just electrical tape the ends off. NOTE make sure power and ground don't touch or else it will spark and may cause fire or burn.

Comment

naa not worried about moving around, worried about weight

so your saying, make sure the headunit is off, and just unplug everything from the amp and electrical tape the ends. Do I have to unplug fuse or battery to do this?

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

Im just saying to easy to remove if you do want to take it out for track

Just make sure the car is off while doing this and if you want to be extra careful you can unplug the battery if you wish. You can also heat shrink the ends but its gonna be hard to take off ahaha

Comment

being "extra careful", if i leave the battery connected wont it just kill me? hahah

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

nope, done it afew times already

worse case, would be you can blow your fuse on the or amp or the one that in the engine bay (inside the clear glass case)

Comment

question, can i simply remove the fuse on the cable running towards the amp so theres no power?

RHCP
              F1 Nut

Comment

Removing the fuse is just as hard as unplugging power cables from amp I tried it with no experience as long as you don't hold both or let them touch you're good to go ^^

Comment

so when removing power cables from back of amp, just remove one at a time and wrap em in electrical tape? eveb if the cables are live to the battery?

RHCP
                  F1 Nut

Comment

yessir

Comment

Working...
                    X