Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car wash broke my Indicator Light and Didn't tell me, What do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car wash broke my Indicator Light and Didn't tell me, What do?

So today after handing in an assignment I decided to treat the car to a wash and wax down at the local car wash.

I get there and have a chat to the boys who are all honda fan boys by the way, there were 3 EG's, 2 integras there. Because of this I trusted the guys.
    I was standing on the drivers side of the car having a smoke and a chat when I hear something kinda drop/snap/clunk on the other side of the car when the guy was polishing. I look at the guys and they're all looking at the car, so I think "what the....." but me being trustworthy, I knew they would tell me if there was a problem. It could have been anything I thought, they could have dropped the bottle of wax or something I don't know.

Anyway, after the clean and wax I have a look at the car, looks great and I'm very happy. I don't notice anything bad, until I look at the back of the car and there's a new collection of scratches across the back bumper....... At this point I don't say anything as I was giving them the benfit of the doubt, it could have been there and maybe I just didn't see it until the car was washed and waxed.

So I get home and go around the car touching up all the paint chips when all of a sudden I notice that my passenger side indicator light was hanging completely out of the socket.... W......T......F I know for a fact that it wasn't like this before hand, and I can even remember the moment I heard something happen, I'm kicking myself for not going over there and checking it out when I heard something.

So what do guys? Ask for a refund, ask for them to replace the indicator light? I'm pretty god damn pissed off because to be honest, I thought the guys were really tops and we were having mad chats. I'm really disappointed at the broken trust and the complete lack of business ethics, or even human ethics for that matter.

I'm not the kind of guy to rage, what do you suggest I do, how should I handle this the most diplomatically?

yeah the indicator lights are quite fragile.. iwas simply clayying my car n i broke it from my car.. cost me $30 for a replacement from the wreckers

maybe looka t getting facelift indicators. their simply clear.. a bit mroe cleaner on the side me reckon.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

I will have no idea how to wire it up. Is it just a matter of cutting/soldering?

I'm thinking I'll just go back there and ask for a refund

Comment

u dnt really have a leg to stand on man seeming tho u didnt approach them when u got the car back like they will just argue that it wasnt like that when they left it and that u must have done it after you left
        no one wants to take the blame these days mate
        and hence after hearing a number of stories about car wash places....
        i just simply wash my own!
        atleast you only have yourself to blame if shit gets broken

Comment

Complain.. If that get you no were.. Your choice what your next step is.. Brake fluid always a good one.. Any ways.. Next time dont trust poeple!!
          sigpic
          128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

I just hope they do the right thing. I'm just gonna ask for my money back as I heard it happen but trusted the guys enough to tell me if anything broke.
            If they had been upfront about it I wouldn't have been pissed off, but leaving it like that is just so god damned dishonest.

Comment

Yeah I always heard horror stories too about car washes, but I figured a bunch of dudes who liked hondas as much as me would look after my car.
              This was also the first time I had taken it to a car wash as well, what a great bloody experience.

Comment

man theres not many people you can trust ay!
                worth a try going back but i dont fancy your chances

Comment

Sad thing is, they don't have a phone number and tomorrow I'll be on the other side of the City getting the car tuned so I can't call them, nor can I rock up. By Wednesday I'll have less of a chance as they'll be like "well why didn't u come back on the day or on the next day"

Comment

sorry to hear mate.. i just trust myself for car wash now. heard way too many stories about those car wash places

Comment

At the moment it's just being held on by blu-tac hahaha. Thinking about cutting up some 3m tape to just hold it on

Comment

Working...
                      X