Dixcel Brakes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dixcel Brakes!

Just wondering if anyone knows where i'd be able to get dixcel rotors and pads in australia? also, if anyone has feedback/used the brakes before would like to chime in on how they are.. that'd be good.

Also, just wondering if anyone knows how good the DBA 4000 with the ds2500 combo or with bendix ultimates are? ..or any other combo..?

any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by danielj View Post
    Also, just wondering if anyone knows how good the DBA 4000 with the ds2500 combo.
    I and a lot of others use this and they hold up very well, on track too. A bit dusty but not noisy when cold which is really good.

Comment

DBA4000 nothing special dude and just as prone to cracking right through as normal DBA rotors and they are $$$

Need to get the 5000 series in order to get trackworthy hi quality rotors from them but their range of rotors are quite limited.

Got Bendix Ultimate on our dc2r, very abrasive pads with very high surface rotor temp also. Plenty good for street or autokhana type of events but wont use it on track for multi laps or they'll overheat and turn into goo.

DS2500 safe choice, feels like street pads and fine on track up to 450-500C and starts to crumble a bit.

what car have you got?
      Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

I haven't shared that experience with my DBA4000's... They have held up to any abuse I have thrown at them.

As far as I understood, the only real difference between 4000 & 5000 series is the aluminium hat in the centre, the actual disc is manufactured the same.
        | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

A fren with FN2 bought a set of used DBA4000 used that was in good condition never tracked, no small stress cracks etc on them whatsoever.

And they cracked right through after couple of sessions at the track. The failure was so bad he couldnt believe it, he would expect that from standard DBA and RDA rotors but not the premium 4000 series.

A few acquaintances with R32 and R33 GTRs tried the 4000 series thinking the are the same as 5000 series and would do the job and they all cracked right through usually from the edge of the rotor where the little slot intersects. Some gone to Alcon and AP setups and some went for the 5000 series and they were much better.

5000 series is a much higher quality Moly Carbide steel, 4000 a glorified grey cast with more Chromium content. Dont let the high price of 4000 series fool you into thinking they are high quality. DBA would very much like ppl to think they are the same bar the 2 piece design but they are not.

A fren owns and runs a brake shop in Perth, he is distributor of all major brake brands and the only DBA rotors he recommend and sells to ppl who tracks their cars seriously are the 5000 series and he sells a fair few sets of those.
          Last edited by EG30; 12-10-11, 09:12 PM.

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys. i'm thinking of getting the Dixcel type sd rotors and type m pads. has anyone had any experience with these at all?!

also does anyone know what the size of the audm dc5r front rotors are?
            thanks.

Originally posted by EG30 View Post
            DBA4000 nothing special dude and just as prone to cracking right through as normal DBA rotors and they are $$$

Need to get the 5000 series in order to get trackworthy hi quality rotors from them but their range of rotors are quite limited.

Got Bendix Ultimate on our dc2r, very abrasive pads with very high surface rotor temp also. Plenty good for street or autokhana type of events but wont use it on track for multi laps or they'll overheat and turn into goo.

DS2500 safe choice, feels like street pads and fine on track up to 450-500C and starts to crumble a bit.

what car have you got?
            i drive a dc5r

Comment

Originally posted by EG30 View Post
              Just did Honda Nationals with my DBA 4000..they are perfectly fine! mix it with the Ferodo d2500 and you have more then enough stopping power..i was slamming my brakes on last minute and stopping in time for a safe turn

Comment

pic spks a thousand words:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

can you run dixcel type m pads with stock rotors?

Comment

Working...
                  X