What should I do? Me vs. Honda dealership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do? Me vs. Honda dealership

ok, i got a kpro, no dramas there. Went and contacted a few honda dealerships, and finally found one who would listen - I said to the guy, i have a Type S and I have installed a Type R ecu in my car and just simply need the new ecu rekeyed to my immobliser. the guy on the line said u got kpro? im like yes, and he said he cna link them up and a quote price is $96. booked ina time first thing in the morning @ 7:30am. I got there at 7, as I'll rather wait for people instead of people waiting for me.

I drive into the service center and this guy greets me, He was like, we'll get this sorted for u in no time.

47 minutes later, the guy says there is a problem, his HDS (Honda Diagnostic Tool) cannot read my immobliser... i;'m thinking in my head, no shit.... hence why i bought my laptop with K Manager installed, along with instructions from Hondata, as well as my oem priamry o2 sensor and type s ECu for god knows what.

result was he expected me to pay the full amount of $96 even though they didnt do shit. his word was "absoutely".

so I had shit to do midmorning so i paid it and made sure I didnt lose the receipts.

What should I do guys?

How should I attempt to get my money back.

Right now, I want the full amount back, but their gonna spring that diagnosing labour time bullshit on me... and in that regard, fair enough, but to quote me $96 for the actual rekey, and I got charged full amount... I should have been charged way less than that for a diagnostic.. but in regards to that diagnostic.. I went to the service center where the guy said he could do it, the guy was standing there when i drove in, wouldnt he autotmatically realise that my immobliser would already have had to be disabled for me to drive. From that, wouldnt a person be proactive and determine that k manager would be needed to reenable it to key up to the new immoabiliser. From this standpoint, this is the whoole reason why i am shitty at the guy.

I am that pissed off at the moment I just dont want my car anymore. Who would waste another person's time and effort like that, let alone their money.
    Last edited by tinkerbell; 25-10-11, 07:18 PM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

assumptions + Honda dealer = cashcashcash

but $96 sounds like a cheap lesson to me...

my first experience with a Honda dealer was when i asked them to 'check' my ABS in my freshly purchased 1983 Prelude (my first car) in 2001...

378 dollars later and a WORSE feeling ABS, i left with the dealer saying to me: "sorry mate, spent heaps of time trying, but couldn't fix it, plus pls ignore the new noise it makes, we cant work out what it is..."

i went and bought a Haynes Prelude manual from Autoone, and the rest, they say, is history...
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      Who would waste another person's time and effort like that, let alone their money.
      most Honda dealers & most mechanics...

+ really sorry to hear of your bad experience, it must feel pretty rotten

How should I attempt to get my money back.
      fair trading:

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Co..._disputes.html
      Last edited by tinkerbell; 20-09-11, 03:39 PM.
      ... retired/

Comment

lol why ru bothering with the stock immobolizer its pretty useless anyway

get a nice aftermarket AS approved 3 point immobo

ur insurance will love u...

Comment

shouldnt let you not want your car anymore either dude!

your car is a beast! and ive only seen pics !

Comment

i have a secuirty system in my car, but i just dont want to see that light appearing. Dedy goes to me he can just take the bulb out.. I might do that since he can fix my SRS like that by putting some tape over it hehe. nah i feel better now. thanks fo rthe support.

i will be contacting fair trading, just when I have spare time.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

First question is...did you approach him first and tried talking to him? Just before you call the fair trading line.

Comment

Asking him on the spot didnt do anyhting for me. I have just sent out the email to the service centre direct mailbox... I will give that a few working days.. if not, im going to go to fair trading on it.

honestly Norman.. I wouldnt mind being charged a "diagnostic" fee.. but being charged $96 which is what he quotes to have it rekeyed... thats just unfair.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Yes what went on sucks but you never should have let your car out of your sight. How was the guy going to enable the immobiliser without you, did you assume he had a laptop waiting there with K manager on it? When I got mine done I drove the car in to their workshop, enabled the immobiliser, guy did his magic, cranked the car and drove off. It took 5 minutes total. If I were you I would have stayed there until they got it to work, and then insisted they only charge you the quoted price.

When he came back with the obvious problem, didn't you go into your car and enable the immobiliser so that he could re-key it? I guess I don't fully understand what went on. Did you just take the car back at that point and pay the money?

Comment

nah this service centre, cos i went right when they opened. they were all standing there and jumped in ur car n drove it in them self... then anotehr guy bought the car around and i was speaking to the service guy about it in thier office... he pretty much wanted me gone and didnt want to deal with me.
                    Last edited by tinkerbell; 25-10-11, 07:19 PM.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

To stop the green immobilizer key flashing on your cluster, simply remove the green plug that is next to the ignition barrel.

Comment

Can't the Kpro remove the immob light?

Comment

Step by step instructions and still cant get the job done. What is the world coming too?
                          BYP Racing & Developments
                          Built. Tuned. Driven
                          Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Call Honda Head Office
                            1800 804 954

Tell them your story, they will guide you. They will tell you what will be done and won't.

I had a same problem with my GU back in 05, so I called Nissan HQ.

Anyways at the end I won. The guy who dealt with me lost his job because it was proven that he didn't even try to unlock my ECU. Bludger

Give it a shot, get your money back and win
                            Moiz
                            無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

THanks very much for that number. I'll give that a call tomorrow on my lunch break.
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X