Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you mod your car?

Why do you mod your car?

Tell us the reasons why you spend your money on your car and why?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

I still really cannot answer this entirely I believe. I remember when I first got my car, I loved it as it was my first real car, my first car i learnt manual in properly. i remember as a bday present, my mate bought me a skunk2 gearknob. I remember skipping gym time and just reading Toda's bang for buck dc5 mods thread over and over again as I knew nothing about cars. I remember just browsing through every single thread on JDMyard's trading page on OzHonda.

For some really strange reason the mod I chose first was to change to white EP3R wheels. From there, it all began. the last 2 years, every week I would be receivign something in the mail, or going out late one night to pick up a part. I think I mod my car as I love having a car that catches peoples attention on the road. Its not just another regular sports car. i've modded my car, cos pretty much all my friends are into cars, but strangely enough I dont feel any pressure to mod more than a mate.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

For me, my experience with my DC5 is as most other people here:

"The Pursuit of Perfection"

Everyone has a different ideal of perfection in their eyes which is what makes car modifying so diverse and interesting. I love seeing what other people do to their cars and why, tuning theories from an engineering perspective interests me greatly and i am very grateful that the Honda community has great knowledge for those who seek it.

My car is mostly business orientated, i like to spend money on things i can feel rather then see. Building a capable circuit weekend warrior is my ultimate goal

Comment

yes, Steve - your car is definaite modded for one thing. Shame u havnt had much tracktime due to sussy issues. U should part out that alpine dock holder lol. ... WAIT.... spending money u can feel, rather then see? Explain the red honda badges and yellow foggies!!!!

haha! brakes are now the issue I take it?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

There are very good reasons for those as well

The fog lights help me pick out eyes at night where i live, bolting rabbits can be a real problem if you don't see them first and brake. Red Honda badge was to replace stolen ones

Yeh its a shame the car has had a lot of downtime but its coming together surely

Brakes will be nice to address later, for now it will suffice as the most important thing to improve is my driving skill and knowledge

Comment

hmmm fair enough, but why did u initially start to mod your car steve?
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
              hmmm fair enough, but why did u initially start to mod your car steve?
              the competency of a standard DC5 was not as sufficient a beast as i believed it could be

Comment

yeah, well for me, i said to myself.. i'll drive this around for a year or two, buy an investment, get some capital growth of out of it n pump out the equity to assist ina purchase of an SLK... shit that went out the window,
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  yeah, well for me, i said to myself.. i'll drive this around for a year or two, buy an investment, get some capital growth of out of it n pump out the equity to assist ina purchase of an SLK... shit that went out the window,
                  Hahaha my plans went out the window too! When I originally bought my car I had the intention to keep it bog stock in order to retain its resale value, and plus, I didn't think I had the mod-bug.

It all started when I got my DC5R its 110,000km major service not long ago. After the service, I instantaneously felt a difference in the car, the way it felt, the way the motor worked, it just felt better. After getting this feeling, I wanted it again. My mechanic noted that my exhaust sounded gay, and I agreed, so I went looking for a new exhaust. After I found and installed a HKS HiSilent Catback, hearing and feeling that difference once again was SOOOOO rewarding. I suppose its the feeling of accomplishment, all the research and waiting time in order to make something better than it was before. This feeling is what has led me to buy the engine mounts and new brake pads, not because there is anything wrong with functional OEM parts, but because my particular parts were fuc**d.

So to sum it up, I like to mod because I'm a perfectionist, I like things to run the way they should, and if I feel as though something is lacking, I will fix it. This added with the satisfaction of feeling that little bit of power whilst doing what we love (driving) is also another reason. I also mod in relation to feel, not looks. I don't care nearly as much about my cars body as I do about the internals and how everything is running. Having said that, I still clean my car weekly and look after the aesthetics, but if it came down to an aesthetic upgrade or internal one, internal one wins hands down all the time.

Comment

its just for abit of fun i guess, a car is just a man's bigger toy lol

But I don't plan on spending much on the car tho. Probably just keep it clean and simple with a few mods or something. Don't really have the money to do big things so alot of the time I do little stuff like finding imperfections and fixing that up, keeps me entertain for awhile haha

Comment

...cos otherwise life is too boring lol. I live to mod Honda's hahahaha....

Comment

to win

Comment

i modify my car because d series is a weak pos.
                          i hope extra displacement will alleviate it's lacking power.

Comment

Why do i Mod my car? easy

Dick Size....

Comment

Only kidding haha! just to enjoy it i guess =]

Comment

Working...
                              X