help with stretching tyres!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with stretching tyres!

hi guys. currently running 235/40/18 atm on my 18x9 wheels.
    i want a tad more stretch, would 215/45/18 stretch more?? thanks guys

Whats the reason why u going for stretch? I personally would only stretch it if u needed toocos of clearance issues..
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

yep clearance issues. and i need a new pair soon anyways. just wondering if i should get the same or go 215/45.

Comment

i've stretched 235s on a 9" wheel before and the sidewalls were already angled pretty significantly. 215s on 9" wheels is too much IMO. a lot of tyre places won't even do it.
        00-0138 ITR

Comment

damn really? cause i found a pair of re050 i think they are called for $80 215/45 with 70% and was told they were quiet cheap. was gonna pick em up

Comment

get smaller rims.
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by dc5dc5dc5 View Post
              damn really? cause i found a pair of re050 i think they are called for $80 215/45 with 70% and was told they were quiet cheap. was gonna pick em up
              215/45R18 are an inch too big in diameter for a DC5, if you are having clearance issues go for a 215/40 or 225/40. Tyre height plays a very significant role in whether you will have guard clearance problems. 225/40 is much more available than 215/40, and is on the borderline of manufacturer recommended sizes for an 18x9" wheel.

Comment

If ur after 215/40/18. Call taleb tires in sydney. I git toyo t1r for $600 fotted and balanced. A set of 4
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

wow thats cheap, too bad im in melbourne. hmm i think i might ask if i can fit the tyres on before i buy. he can do $120 for 2xre050 and 2xpirelli p-zero on 70% so i thought it was hard to give em up. thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X