Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on swapping DC5S for Evo7

guys,

Have had an offer from a guy who is interested in my 05 type s and he wants to swap his Evo 7(2001/02)... So got a couple of questions!

http://firesport.com.au/evo-7-stock-...--ad187669.htm

Does anyone know anything bout this car?? (any info)
    Anything i have to look for with an Evo, problems etc..??
    Is it worth a straight swap or should i be looking for cash on top..

I actually wanted to get an Evo as my next car but really wanted a 9! i know i can change the front and rear bars(headlights and taillights i think as well) to the 9 which will give it the look.. I have had a wrx before my integra so have had a turbo before aswell

Here's my ad for any1 wanting info for comparison
    http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...d=12FFDD9E890B

Any help is much appreciated fellas!!
    FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

You should definitely be getting cash your way.

Comment

tbh, not for an evo7 mate. Their real ugly. as in just simply ugly.

If your going to go for an evo./ I'd settle for no less than a 9. Yes you can change the headlight sand bars over, but at the end of the day its not a 9.. I would prefer a cash sale so that gives you the freedom of choosing WHAT car YOU want.

I was given a similar opportunity for my car last year. It was a '03 wrx sti all stock except for dba 4000 slotted rotors. THe deal was swap car for car and the owner was to give me $5K to ME. yes that is true.

I had already planned to sell the car cheap to my dad so it was ok for me to take on the swap in my situation. But are you sure you really want an E7?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
        tbh, not for an evo7 mate. Their real ugly. as in just simply ugly.
        Matter of opinion. I actually really like the look of all the CT9As.

You do raise very valid points though. Don't just "settle" for this trade because it's being offered to you. Unless an Evo 7 is what you're really after (and judging by your first post it is not) then don't accept the trade. I would, however, recommend you go take a test drive and see how you feel about the car first though.

In regards to cash adjustment on the swap just keep in mind your car is new and has few kms on it. Even though the average selling price on the DC5S' and Evo7s are pretty similar I still reckon you deserve at least some cash your way.

Comment

Drive it first.

I drove an Evo 9 once with the intention of selling the Integra to buy it... needless to say, I still own the Integra.

Comment

7s are kinda long in the tooth now. i highly doubt it will be as reliable and easy to maintain as your DC5.

agreed on test driving it if you're considering the trade. we can say all we want on a forum but end of the day if you're happy with the way it goes over your integra who are we to tell you not to trade?
            00-0138 ITR

Comment

I had an immaculate Evo 8 MR. Drove it for 4 months and sold it to get back into another Honda.

The 4WD system in the Evo's are ridiculous, the car basically drives itself, fun at first but the novelty wore off for me.

Having said that if you're really keen on an Evo at least go an 8 or above, 7s have a stupidly small 45L fuel tank, you will be spending more time in servos than on the road.

Comment

thanks for all your input guys! I will definately take it for a drive and go from there! I do agree with that the 7 is kinda ugly thats y i wanted to change the front and rear..

I honestly don't wanna sell my car, tried last year(then decided to keep it) but just have it on car sales just in case i decide to sell it or if some1 offers me something cool(which i thought the evo wasn't bad compared to other offers).

If anyone knows anything in particular about this evo let me know!
                FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

It depends on everyone's taste really. I prefer the sharp look of 7 than chubby 8.

Comment

not for an E7, minimum is 2g in your pocket with that swap. Id go back to the subaru, terrific machines
                    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
                    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
                    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
                    F1 Nut

Comment

Working...
                    X