Upgrading brakes on a DC2R, DS200 vs EBC RED / RDA vs DBA 4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading brakes on a DC2R, DS200 vs EBC RED / RDA vs DBA 4000

Hey guys, i need to change the rotors/pads on the teg as the current one wont pass roadworthy (rotors warped and worn down), thought i might as well up grade while im at it as the brake fade with the current setup isn't exactly confidence inspiring LOL.

What I am considering is DS2500 and EBC RED stuff for front pads but for the rears im undecided on whether i should just replace with oem or go aftermarket?

As for the rotors, up front im considering RDA slotted rotors and DBA 4000 slotted rotors. Same story as per the pads for the rears- is it worth going after market rotors or just replacing with oem? Also, are the DBA 4000's worth the extra coinage over the RDA's?

Car already has braided lines so i won't have to touch that area of the brakes.

The car is mainly be used for spirited drives on the mountain and hopefully will see the track in the near future, its also my daily at this point.

Any input greatly appreciated.

PS- if you have any other suggestions on different pads/rotors to go with, please share!
    k20A DC2R

depends on the price range you willing to spend, Ds2500 and DBA would be a good combo, but if you dont have much money to play with rda ant bad also..................

Comment

+1 for DS2500

Comment

DBA 4000 series and DS2500 for the front.

If the rear is fine, leave them OEM.

Flush the brake fluid and replace it with something with a higher boiling point, like Motul RBF600.

Comment

Originally posted by JCE View Post
          DBA 4000 series and DS2500 for the front.

If the rear is fine, leave them OEM.

Flush the brake fluid and replace it with something with a higher boiling point, like Motul RBF600.
          this is the setup im pretty much decided on.

thanks for your input everyone!
          k20A DC2R

Comment

DS2500 and DBA cant go wrong there.

Hit up V-Sport in Sydney, feredo prices are very competitive.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Built. Tuned. Driven
            Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Working...
            X