Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where (in SYD) to purchase Oil/Trans/PS Cooler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where (in SYD) to purchase Oil/Trans/PS Cooler?

Hey fellas,

can anyone point me in the right direction to get myself an oil cooler kit (plate, hoses and links ect.) ?

Somewhere in sydney or even a website seeing as our $$$ is a beast at the moment.

Thanks.
    also if anyone wants to go an extra mile, post up some pics of different potential mounting areas on a DC2R

Cheers.

Go to earls silverwater. However why dont you buy a trust/greddy oil cooler kit
    For dc2r.. All lines and fittings are for the dc2r.

If tinkerbell chimes into this thread - he may let you know about needing a larger oil pump or
    Something? I think the b18c will need. Astronger oil pump if you add an oil cooler?

My mate had one mounted directly in front of his radiator
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Check out perfectrun.jp for the kits or nengun
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

ahk yes please some more info on the oil pump.. thanks

Comment

EARLS @ Silverwater http://www.earls.com.au/
          MSCN @ Seven Hills http://www.mscn.com.au
          Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

I didn't have to change my oil pump.. and I've been to a number of track days too
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

i can order up an Earls kit from the US if you like?

around 600ish...
              ... retired/

Comment

Re: Oil cooler

MFactory has a set that I used to use for racing.
                http://www.teammfactory.com/oil-cooler-kit
                You don't need a larger pump but it does help if you can increase the oil pressure.

Ask me about discounts for JSCC club members. :-)

Re: Transmission Oil coolers - Not that simple - you actually need a pump.
                MFactory used to carry this but it was quite expensive.
                MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Would the transmission be operating at a high enough temperature to warrant cooling? Remember, if you cool too much then you end up having an oil which isn't running in the viscous operating temp. range and so it's lubricating properties won't be as effective.
                  Wakefield: EG B18CR - R888 - 1.09.9
                  Eastern Creek: DC5R - RE001/ER300 - 2.00.8
                  Winton: DC5R - RE001 - 1.45.9

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
                    Would the transmission be operating at a high enough temperature to warrant cooling? Remember, if you cool too much then you end up having an oil which isn't running in the viscous operating temp. range and so it's lubricating properties won't be as effective.
                    The correct answer is probably: It depends. And any good cooler should have a thermostat to avoid issues like that in any case.

Mugen make a gearbox oil cooler for the DC5 intended for the one make race and endurance racing I believe so there must be some cause for it to exist. They don't and didn't ever make one for the DC2 as far as I know.

Comment

i just run high temp gearbox oil, i dont think the Honda MTF is very good after a few track days, whereas my Redline lasts a whole season...
                      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        i can order up an Earls kit from the US if you like?

around 600ish...
                        600 us? or aud?
                        not too bad a price if its direct fitment and easily mounted. do u have the specs? and would u have a preference on where ud mount it? left, right, top, bottom or radiator? haha or even any new inventive, yet effective areas.

Comment

in $au

mounts front left in front of radiator - i can also supply a mounting kit - or install it for you (extra!)
                          ... retired/

Comment

hmm sounds like a plan i shall pursue this next week... i just made a few new purchases this (bit of a big splurge) week, which ull see on the show off thread soon. but ill defs get in contact with u through pm. but just to clear my head is there anything else i need for this oil cooler set up? do u recommend an upgraded oil pump? oil surge take (catch can)? ect.

Comment

no. there is nothing else you need.

but it really is a track orientated modification, so really should only be installed if you are going to push your car hard...
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X