Lockwood puts mettle to the pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lockwood puts mettle to the pedal

Long time supporter of Cars For Hope, Brandon Lockwood featured in the Liverpool Champion Paper.

--

BRANDON Lockwood says there is no more exhilarating experience than driving his Honda Integra race car around tracks at speeds of more than 250km/h.

"I am living my dream racing in motorsport," the Green Valley resident said.

"I have always loved motorsport since I was a boy.

"To drive race cars is a dream come true for me.

"Hopefully this year I will get to race our car in the support races at Mount Panorama.

"I have never raced or even watched the V8 Supercars before there."

Lockwood races a Honda Integra DC2R model, in the Time Attackmotorsport class.

The car was built by BYP Racing and Developments at Wetherill Park. Jimmy and Benny Tran build and do mechanical work on race cars.

Lockwood, who turns 21 this month, has two major wins in the Time Attack class this year.

At the recent Victoria Time Attack titles held at Winton Motor Raceway, Lockwood won the event recording the fastest lap time.

His father John, who agrees he is a motorsport tragic, said drivers who produce the fastest time lap are crowned winners.

Brandon Lockwood backed up his Victoria title win with a triumph at the Honda Nationals at Winton Motor Raceway a fortnight later.
    See your ad here

The young driver said they are taking a short break before resuming testing for future events.

The two big ones coming up are the NSW Time Attack Titles on June 22 and 23, at Wakefield Park Raceway at Goulburn.

Then on October 18 and 19, the World Time Attack Challenge will be held at Sydney Motorsport Park, Eastern Creek. Many drivers from overseas countries compete. He said his father John has had a significant influence on his motorsport driving.

John Lockwood tows the Honda Integra car to all race meetings on a trailer behind his 4WD.

Source: Liverpool Champion
    Like Cars For Hope | www.carsforhope.com.au | www.berty.com.au

Nice one Brandon! Congrats on the article
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Awesome stuff Brandon.
      But 'never watched the v8 supercars'
      WHAT???

I look foward to seeing you and the byp team SMASH nsw time attack

Comment

Congrats on the cars succsess, it's great to see you getting some coverage, but never watched Bathurst??? WTF!!!!
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Well done on the feature
          BYP Racing & Developments
          Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
          STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Nice work Brandon! Looking suave in the photo.

Comment

Working...
            X