POLL-aftermarket intake hose colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL-aftermarket intake hose colour

Hey guys, as of today i have a big gash in my intake hose near the throttle body, see pics below. i have the option of blue, red or black aftermarket silicon replacements and i want to know what you guys think will look the best!

Last edited by stevan; 10-11-09, 06:48 PM.

Blue, suits the car.

Comment

black.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

I say black. Hoses are damn near the most uninteresting thing on a car. Why would you want to draw attention to them?

Comment

Injen

(lol!)
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            Injen

(lol!)
            hahaha, then i can put my shopping under the hood

Comment

That happened to my intake pipe as well with my Gruppe M. I got a new one from Honda and a set of aftermarket engine mounts and no issues since .

I vote you get a new one from Honda. Cheaper. Works well.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                That happened to my intake pipe as well with my Gruppe M. I got a new one from Honda and a set of aftermarket engine mounts and no issues since .

I vote you get a new one from Honda. Cheaper. Works well.
                i still have extended warranty till next year but i doubt they will replace it haha. how much did the oem cost?

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
                  i still have extended warranty till next year but i doubt they will replace it haha. how much did the oem cost?
                  Honestly can't remember exactly. I think it was somewhere between $50 and $100 and this was retail plus a Tasmania markup (OEM parts are super expensive here).

Comment

thats heaps cheap! i was quoted $165 for the oem plastic cowl piece where the gruppem fits because i cut up my original one . hmm im thinking the $200 for the silicon isnt worth it anymore now that ive also changed my mounts..

Comment

onry 24 dollar from USA:

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...s=&view=normal
                      ... retired/

Comment

Mine snapped as well.
                        $69.55 from honda. I kept my receipt.
                        Its just the way gruppe M fits.

Comment

if you've got engine mounts i'd go with oem one. but if you are going aftermarket, i vote black as well

Comment

I can live with $69 Even with the new mounts the intake does move a little, i think if i do buy an oem replacement if i stick a bit of foam under the bonnet where the gruppem mouth is then i dont think it will break again.
                            a bit unrelated but the tranny mount bolt un-tightened itself 10mm when i had a look yesterday in only 2 weeks, thats when i noticed the hole in the intake, when i had to remove the gruppem to retighten the bolt. it makes the car so much better but my rear mount is a noisy grinding mofo.

Comment

pic of a blue samco intake hose in Tim's Dc5r

CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Working...
                              X