Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Cage DC2R :)

Sorry for the bad quality photo.

Just got a new part today and thought i might share. Will get better photos up as soon as i find my damn camera.

Dammit I Cant See The Photos At Work!

Comment

it is a rear cross brace and a c-pillar brace combined...
      ... retired/

Comment

Just a little joke.

Not ACTUALLY a roll cage but still looks pretty cool and i think seems to work pretty well.

PS. I just realised today is April Fools

Comment

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL

Comment

Oooh, Im sure you can fit a rear strut bar in there, a boot brace and cpillar to rear hatch brace lol

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
            Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

Lol.
              Only thing is now i have some squeeking noise. Which i thought the bars where supposed to stop.

I cant tell if its the chassis making the noise or the suspension (stock).

Would increased rigidity put more load on the suspension causing it to squeek if they are old and Stock.

Comment

ITs normal.

The more bars , the more resistance the chasis will have to movement and will cause odd squeeking noise.

I had same prob in my eg with all my bars.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

oh really well im a little more relieved now.

The only thing is how does that work because i thought bars where supposed to brace and stop the chassis from moving thus stopping noises.

Comment

Looks nice!

Was this that Miracle X rep. bar that was for same a few weeks back?

Comment

yeah it is

Comment

is it a TDM built x-brace? did it fit?

mine didnt!!!

i needed to push really hard down on one side with my foot to get one of the bolts in! (provign how stiff it actually was)

still for only $250 for the x-brace, i cant complain...

it certainly made the back-end feel more "planted" around Oran Park, but it was also a bit "taily" initially - which i fixed by turning my shocks down one notch less stiff...
                        ... retired/

Comment

yeah mine fit (only by a bee's dick though lol)
                          Lucky my mechanic mate is a machine lol.

did you have a c pillar with it as well did your car make squeaking noises?

Comment

my car squeaks a fair bit (with 200'000km on it) but i didnt notice any increase after installation...

only had the rear strut brace on before... and will refit it once i get a longer one...
                            ... retired/

Comment

do the rear seats still operate? or does it touch the x bar

Comment

Working...
                              X