No announcement yet.

Type One, Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wowzer, they already got their hands on the new ctr!

nice shots, i would love to visit there one day!
    Originally posted by tinkerbell
    if anyone is under the impression VTEC is in any way bad for your engine - please understand that it is NOT bad for your engine,

maybe your drivers licence, but not your engine...

Comment

gonna try and make another trip there at the end of the yr, 2 wks in tokyo just wasn't enough

Comment

Originally posted by Sypherg View Post
        Hey Mugsee, can you tell me where in Tokyo this Type One workshop is? how do I get there by rail, what station? I will be going to Tokyo in the next week and if i have time i might check it out...also do they actually sell parts up there? or just a showroom?

Sorry for the questions, thanks.
        I can't remember the exact spelling but from the JR Toyko station, catch the Chuo line - I remember it being Red on the JR railway map (make sure its local and not express, otherwise you'll overshoot your stop) and then get off at Ogikubo (spelling?). From there its about a 15 minute walk. Take a look at the map below. Its really not that hard to get to and well worth the visit if you've got time.

http://www.spoon.jp/info/info_compmap.html

The Type One workshop is the Spoon workshop which is why you'll see a lot of cars inside. Its where their racecars are built and where customers take their cars to be serviced as well. You can buy pretty much all things Spoon related inside so you'll be just like a little kid inside a candy store

I actually got the meet Ichishima-san as well - he gave me a lift in his MK5 R32 Golf from Spoon to Type One because Spoon was closed and he on his way to Type One, so he offered me a lift which I couldn't refuse! Embarrisingly enough, I didn't realise who he was until after I got home... haha. Thank God I didn't ask him who he was while he was driving though. I think he also told me to take photos of the widebody S2K engine but I forgot to...
        Last edited by mugsee; 21-06-07, 08:56 AM.
        Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
          I can't remember the exact spelling but from the JR Toyko station, catch the Chuo line - I remember it being Red on the JR railway map (make sure its local and not express, otherwise you'll overshoot your stop) and then get off at Ogikubo (spelling?). From there its about a 15 minute walk. Take a look at the map below. Its really not that hard to get to and well worth the visit if you've got time.

http://www.spoon.jp/info/info_compmap.html

The Type One workshop is the Spoon workshop which is why you'll see a lot of cars inside. Its where their racecars are built and where customers take their cars to be serviced as well. You can buy pretty much all things Spoon related inside so you'll be just like a little kid inside a candy store

I actually got the meet Ichishima-san as well - he gave me a lift in his MK5 R32 Golf from Spoon to Type One because Spoon was closed and he on his way to Type One, so he offered me a lift which I couldn't refuse! Embarrisingly enough, I didn't realise who he was until after I got home... haha. Thank God I didn't ask him who he was while he was driving though. I think he also told me to take photos of the widebody S2K engine but I forgot to...

Thanks Mugsee, I will look into it.
          sigpic

Comment

You can speak jap?

Comment

nah.....he can't....but Ichishima san can speak Eng tho.....I envy u so much michael......I know where to go for my next holiday.....
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Now hang-on-a-sec Mugsee, i guess u are doing some deals with SPOON or some sort with Ichishima -san right? But no... u saying u nearly even missed who he was, and mate u know that makes this thing sounded really cool in a way?

my impression is, u visited SPOON and wana to visit TYPE ONE, then the boss simply said, "hey just hop on my R32 (why is a VW not a honda? hahahha nah just jk stuff the car crap) and i take u to there since i am going there too" man that just sounds too good...

oh man.... gotta be there sometimes in the future~~

thanx again for the info man..

Comment

Eddie's comments:

hahaha. I wish I was that chummy with the fellow. The story goes...

I actually rocked up to Spoon on a Saturday and they were closed. After wondering up and down the stair case on the left hand side of the building (thinking that possbily Spoon was open and maybe the levels up above was where you enter into the building) I came back down and saw that a gun-metal R32 was now parked outside the building. I heard that somebody was inside and that now the Spoon garage door was slightly open, so I waited for that person to come out and sure enough, it was Mr Ichishima!

I just asked him casually if Spoon was open and he said that they were closed on Saturdays, however that I should go visit Type One because they were definitely open. He said he was heading there now (with some goods that he picked up from Spoon) and that if i wanted, he could give me a lift.

No dodgey dealings there - just pure luck!

His English is really good and he seems like a nice person, although we didn't talk much in his car (2 minute ride?) - just the formal "what country do you come from" and etc.
                  Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Wow nice Michael!! You should've recorded the whole thing! HAHAHA

Comment

man you are so lucky for this !
                      Honda Kansai

Comment

I wish I was there with you mic....
                        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                        1)ブレーキを踏む
                        2)クラッチを切る
                        3)シフトダウンしなから、
                          アクセルをぶかす
                        4)クラッチをつなぐ
                        :blah:
                        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Working...
                        X