Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda NSX Type R NA1R at All Japan Day 2016 - Sunday 28th February 2016

Hi guys,

I thought this was just too special not to share. Australia's only genuine NA1R on display at the All Japan Day car show held at Wigley Reserve in Adelaide on Sunday the 28th of February 2016.

Photos were sourced from various photography pages on Facebook

Last edited by chaumeh; 28-11-16, 09:47 AM.
    Skibeemo.com

Great looking car. Is that a signature of Shigeru Uehara on the back there? And I could have sworn that there were more NA1R's in Australia, if I can recall there was a yellow one on Carsales a while back.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

That is indeed Uehara's sig on there (and Gan-sans!). There were a few NA1R's in Australia previously but as of right now, I believe this is the only one in Aus. That yellow one that was on carsales a while back now lives in the UK (fwiw-it was also an Adelaide car!). Perhaps Freakygeek can chime in
      Skibeemo.com

Comment

I've been in that yellow one! Was so cool.

The owner of the red one must have been really popular that day! Is everything OEM?
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by chaumeh View Post
          That yellow one that was on carsales a while back now lives in the UK (fwiw-it was also an Adelaide car!). Perhaps Freakygeek can chime in
          Can't believe it's been relocated to the UK You should have bought it!
          ClubITR | Like

Comment

The owner of the red one must have been really popular that day! Is everything OEM?
            From my chat with the owner, everything is OEM. He swore to keep it OEM as Uehara personally told him not to modify it! We had some interesting conversations re: Uehara-san mindset versus Ichishima-san mindset though.

You should have bought it!
            More like you should've bought it Bossman! haha
            Skibeemo.com

Comment

From my chat with the owner, everything is OEM. He swore to keep it OEM as Uehara personally told him not to modify it! We had some interesting conversations re: Uehara-san mindset versus Ichishima-san mindset though.

More like you should've bought it Bossman! haha

That's awesome, I wouldn't modify an NA1-R either.

Can you elaborate on your interesting conversation on Ichishima-san vs Uehara-san?

Comment

Can you elaborate on your interesting conversation on Ichishima-san vs Uehara-san?
                In summary, "stock is best" versus modified examples. Owner of the NA1R won't modify it as he believes it's perfect from factory and can't be improved (and Uehara told him not to touch it because it'll ruin its characteristics).

At the end of the day, it's each to their own and everyone has different requirements in what they want to achieve with their own car. It's always an endless debate with stock versus modded. Just do what meets your requirements and makes you happy lol.
                Skibeemo.com

Comment

At the end of the day, it's each to their own and everyone has different requirements in what they want to achieve with their own car. It's always an endless debate with stock versus modded. Just do what meets your requirements and makes you happy lol.
                  Totally agree with this, haha.

Comment

Working...
                  X