Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for nissan lovers

i want one too...

this is a jap spec s15 spec R. i'll try not to whore it out.

edit:This is my first attempt at an article.

New-R Beginnings.

Fredrick Whong's 2001 Jap-spec brilliant-blue S15 Silvia Spec-R.

After losing his first joy to theft - an S13 Silvia K setup with a sr20det, bigger turbo, 3" exhaust and all the usual gimmicks, Fred had all but lost his pride. With no car, a suspended license, and no insurance payout, Fred quickly picked up a cheap automatic 1996 Toyota SC400 Soarer, jacked up on 18" rims and got on his way.

Weeks went by, and then months, until finally the moment came when Fred was able to legally drive, and that spurred on a sudden interest into his next project. He spent hours and days online searching for the right car for him. As yet, he was undecided on what car would really suit him. A cheap fun and fast option was to buy a 1996 Honda Integra dc2 and build an engine conversion. Cheap, effective, but perhaps the idea of FF didn't spark the little kid inside Fred that wanted to go sideways.

The answer was perhaps always right there in front of him, as he went back to his roots and humble beginnings of building FR Nissans. After sifting long and hard through numerous skylines, 180's and silvia's, Fred was able to get his hands on a newly imported Jap-spec Silvia S15 spec-R. The Japanese silvia receives many options that the Australian counterpart never got. Standard boost gauge on the A-pillar, leather wrapping, climate control, HID headlights, and more grunt, all leaving the Australian delivered S15 in the dust.

The immaculate factory brilliant-blue paint, along with some subtle aesthetic modifications, quickly caught the attention of Fred. This silvia was so fresh and so clean, and even came complete with "that new car smell". 17", +35 offsetted white Regamaster Evos by Desmond strapped on by titanium lug nuts, stalk the four corners of the car. The car sits at an aggressive, and practical height thanks to lowered springs. A full 3" HKS turbo back growls out the throaty exhaust notes, but this wasn't enough for Fred, so a Greddy blow off valve exhaling spent gases was installed. Fred also installed other mods to control his newer sr20det engine. Managing the boost is a Greddy Profec B type-s boost controller, and running down the turbo is an HKS turbo timer.

Within the first few weeks of owning the spec-R, numerous spirited runs through mountain roads and countless races at the street light drag, Fred crunched his drivetrain's last gear. He blew his gearbox, and was unable to get his car into first gear. After researching his options, it was decided that the standard 6 speed gearbox was the best replacement over the popular 5speed s14 gearbox conversion. The shorter gear ratios were more suited to Fred's driving style. With the new gearbox in, Fred was again, for now, on his way.

Eightsided Media 2006 ©

- sourced from www.eric.eightsided.com/features

Last edited by fried; 23-08-06, 05:39 PM. Reason: Updated with article
    when do we hit v-attack | www.eightsided.com
    sigpic

stratty carpark?

Comment

Very nice. I love the wheels. Though I must say I've come to realise that I really dislike rear wipers. I have no idea why and it's almost petty.
      "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers
        stratty carpark?
        Hornsby I believe.
        "No Matter that you have a PhD and have read all of Henry James twice. If you still persist in writing, "Good food at it's best", you deserve to be struck by lightning, hacked up on the spot and buried in an unmarked grave" (Truss, 2003, p.44).

Comment

where in stratty is that particular carpark. looks like a great spot for shoots? tell all jingers!

Comment

wow so clean, very good quality pics too, good on you.
            http://www.soasiandvd.com.au

Comment

nice ride but id rather a wing on it just my opinion hehe
              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #008

Comment

i have always had a soft spot for s15's...needs a vertex kit LOL
                LONDA

Comment

that is my fav. Silvia look... S15 = so so clean
                  ... retired/

Comment

Great pics, nice it doesn't have the 2 really ugly reflectors on the rear bar, very cool.
                    www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

I can't see any pics

Comment

Awww...pics don't work for me

But...this sets the precendence for non-Honda material
                        Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

ERIC! it looks like your car but a silvia version! LOL
                          <3j

Comment

wow regas on an S15! that's different..

clean shots e!
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

very nice eric!

Comment

Working...
                              X