Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MarkR's DC2R

Hey, Good people of ClubITR!

Felix Asked me to come on board here and share my "Cool story bro!" with you guys about a DC2R I shot a while ago.

Normally I don't post threads about photoshoots I've done, or write a massive essay to go with it, because... well… I’m quite shocking when it comes to English/story telling. But this certain DC2R is a bit special to me, so I've spent +30 hours on this shoot, edit, text and design. So have a read, hope you enjoy!

Stretching as far as my memory will allow me, I have never really been a fan of AU Delivered(?) Dc2R (loved the JDM front), I really disliked the 4 circle headlights. Because to me they looked like an alien spaceship from a Sci-fi movie, or maybe it's the fact I've only ever seen them to be associated with horrible "massive chromies Bro", or tacky paint job... or even worse, both!

August 2010 saw The-Lowdown host Jdm Style Tuning August Eomm @ Autotechnik. The same meet where I snap up +800 photos, met heaps of people in the modify car scene and most importantly pop my Car meet cherry.

Walking around in the sea of Nissans, Mx5s, Brotaries and Evos, It was there, tucked away in the back corner where this clean, aggressive, murdered out DC2R laid.

It didn't have Rota poke stance, JdmAsDuck sticker, cableties hangin', Taiwan replica of a Chinese made roof-rack, Jdm shocker learner leaf, or have a generic look ( Not trying to sound like a JDM elitist).

But since I was still fairly new to the car scene, I probably wasn’t even sure what the car was, all I know is I had to track it down for a shoot. The main problem was that I didn't know where/ who to contact and my English was (and still is) horrible, so that idea quickly died.

-Fast forward to December 2010. A few local forum members and myself organized a “Small” Hills gathering in Norwest, before end of the year to catch up with everyone, It was there in the carpark where I spotted this neat little Integra sitting there, again, almost like it's teasing me.

Not knowing the car owner personally, once again I didn’t know who to approach, and the second time I saw the car that night, it was making an exit away from the venue.

After the meet, I finally got a lead on who owned the car. So I started talking to Mark via pm, which I hassled him day and night for a shoot knowing he was local. In the end, he agreed to do a night shoot when we are both free... several weeks went without notice, I just assumed he was busy and never got back to me, the shoot never went ahead.

-May 28th 2012, As I was trawling thought the for sale section looking for my potential first car, I noticed a familiar username pop up and a particular Dc2R going up For Sale!. Not wasting time knowing it's now or never, I gave Mark a buzz.

Finally.
    After nearly 2 years, I managed to lock in a date for a shoot: 10th June 2012...

...So I thought.
    Until the weather man decided to bring me some bad news.

One last time the shoot was postponed. June 17th 2012. It was go time.

So, this car will definitely have a place on my heart, and since riding in it I actually found myself to wanting a DC2 with Vtec Yo! But not this one... no, I cant afford it.

Maybe I might buy an Integra of sort myself and see what I can make of it, inspire the next wave of Jdm lovers, just maybe...

Thanks for reading!
    J

Love it Joseph. Thanks for sharing.

Great read and nice photos!
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Lovely looking car. Looks like there is no expense spared with it!

Comment

Great photo's, great design!
        Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Excelent Photos as usual J_Hui

Comment

seeing these photos (again) makes me appreciate this car even more.. it was soo good to me, not a single major problem with her during my possession..

Comment

Regularly see this car around Bella Vista and almost always rear end someone while 'mirin it, one of the finest DC2R's out there!

Comment

New owner is hating life after Being defected. Thought the BC Spec 2 was the best thing to happen to him. Now e has to take it off

Comment

great story. had a little giggle.

great shoot as well

Comment

Awesome car, be a hell of a lot better with OEM wing IMO.......

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by justinfox
                    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Working...
                    X