Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mini Evo has finally arrived

Hey guys,

As some of you might know, i have already taken delivery of my mini evo. Its been such an exciting week for me. Went to a dealer last thursday and taken delivery of this brand new blackie on Friday. So, here are the pics:

*BTW, i will still keep my "lovesil" nick in memorial of my lost angel......
    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Hey Ryan,

Your new car looks awesome dude

Comment

nice pics

Comment

Hey Ryan#2!

Man the car looks absolutely schmick! love the black and the car actually has a nice stance to it - getting jealous man lol

So what's the plan for this lil beast?

ps: trade seats yeah?
        sif it's a girls car
        sigpic

Comment

Sweeeeet

My friend picked up his two weeks ago...gun metal grey

The seats are so much tighter then the e9.......
          Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #005

Comment

congrats ryan! it's look good.. please change the AMSEXO plates
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

nice seats

Comment

congrats dude...looks awesome...did u pay around the 28-30K mark?
                arrowz
                sigpic

[ Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #003 ]

Comment

i love it...
                  http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate the good comments. The RRP price for the R.Colt is $29 990 and i got a $30.5K driveaway deal. As for the plate.....will get my gf to change it for me on my coming birthday as a present. Its not a bad plate for a non choosable (is there even a word like that?) plate.

Plans for the car........none really. At most a sway bar (to fix the bodyroll issue) and a ECU upgrade (to make it more responsive). The rest of the package is perfect......oh and maybe color code the plastic bumper to match the metallic black.

Ryan#1: Swap seats??? no way. Not into scottish seats
                    For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

front mount please

Edit :: how about a quick first impression review?
                      Last edited by Jingers; 09-12-06, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Congrats man! Looks great and should be superfun to drive. I love the concept of the car... and the price...!

(GODDAMNIT HONDA make a car i want to buy!)

Comment

This is the review i done on jdmst:

R.Colt Impression
                          At 4pm Friday (1st Dec), I picked up my car from the Northshore Mitsubishi. As I was driving the car towards the city in traffic, I can’t help to see what kind of reactions from other drivers on the road. Some of them looked at it and some don’t even know what it is. Sweet, as it achieved my goal of a stealth car. But what’s interesting is, only when I look out of the window, then I realised how 4WD the r.colt is. I’m very surprised to find my colt to be higher than most sedans out there. This felt rather good as i always can’t see what’s going on in front during a traffic jam in my s14a.

Inside the car, I felt peace and quiet. No annoying rattles or loud exhaust note. The firm ride doesn’t even disturb that quietness too much. Since I’m not going anyway in the traffic, I started to play around all the controls. And I must say, the most disappointing of all, is the 6 CD stacker system. The sound quality simply isn’t near the standard of my JVC DVD Deck on the silvia. Other than that, I either loved or was just happy with all the other interior design. The white back with red lettered dash looks refreshing. The 3 air con manual control, although doesn’t looks flashy by today’s standard, provides much better control over my Silvia’s one. (Mainly the auto climate control feature). The Recaro seats are as much as everyone would expect, comfortable and yet huggy as a bear. The most interesting part of the interior is perhaps the amount of top dash space in the colt. I can easily fit in 8++ Defi gauges and would still have space for some asian soft toys without blocking my front view Damn, next time I can help my baby to change his/her diaper on the top dash

When the traffic started to free up abit, I tried to give the car abit of go. It felt like its very eager to accelerate and even give me abit of pushback feeling. However, there’s nothing much in the high rev range. Also, when off boost, the little colt felt heavy (1.5L off boost on a 1.2 tonne car isn’t the best combination). Another thing to praise about, is the gear shifting motion. Its very smooth, quick and precise. When comes to cornering, you can definitely feel the body roll if you go in slow. (Makes me feel like singing “Row row row your boat……” ) But surprisingly, if you corner it hard, it’s extremely stable….maybe the work of the Stability + Traction control. I guess it needs abit of sway bar assist. The damping & spring rate itself, is very well chosen. Its firm enough and yet not crashy.

All the happiness comes to an end when I reached my work place (Yes, I picked up my car on the day when I have to do nightshift ). I got off the car and heard a rotating sound coming from the gearbox. I was like “oh wat, a lemon”. After a few days, I went to check with the dealer and found that it’s the same for all r.colt or colt convertible.

Overall, I’m very pleased with the car with only a slight defect in the gearbox noise which I hope will disappear after a gearbox oil change or after a few thousand km….

Comment

Thanks for the impression

Comment

Awesome stuff Ryan!...Congrats!
                              Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #001

Comment

Working...
                              X