Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My $6 mod for my next adventure at the track

Hey All,

so been in bed lately thinking of shit to do besides use my left hand.

I recreated my itunes account and set about downloaded random apps. Bejeweled is to cool but I also downloaded the CMS Lap Timer (Free!)

Would love to try and see how this lap timer goes on my next outing at Wakefield.

I seen Prash duct tape his iphone so the centre console where the handbrake is. For me, I dont want to lose concentration and Im not a fan of looking down to look at the lap time etc. So I thought what else I could do instead. Went for a drive down to Bunnings and got some heavy duty Velco tape. The plan was to put velco on my iphone, and also the corresponding velcro on my air con vent.

THis is the air con vent Im going to use:

Closed:

Open:

The Velcro:

Because the air con has two parts to it, I had to shape and cut velco to match. It was really a 5min job, so cutting the lines exact wasnt my highest priority, plus the fact is, I always have my air con vent open, and when tis open, you cant notice the velco, so not an issue at all.

All done:

Will take a pic of my iphone with the velcro later tonight when I get my iphone case back from Julies house.

[insert pic of iphone attached to air con vent]

So you can see all I have to simply do is glance at my iphone and my eyes are still on the road

Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

i like your shorts alex LOL.

Seriously.

Comment

when you track, are your windows open or closed?

Comment

they are your shorts? haha cute bro.

Just downloaded a free GPS lap timing app called "endomondo sports" for the blackberry.

I soon will be also joing the $6 GPS lap timer modification club.

ingenious with the vent placement, care to apply the same thinking to the DC2 dash?
        Honda Nationals, September 9-10, get amongst it!

Comment

Originally posted by ob3d View Post
          i like your shorts alex LOL.

Seriously.
          THanks mate.
          Originally posted by FRDK20 View Post
          when you track, are your windows open or closed?
          Window is a lil bit down/ half way down. Becuase of this, I got heavy duty velcro that stated it could hole up to 3kg

Originally posted by cordz View Post
          they are your shorts? haha cute bro.

Just downloaded a free GPS lap timing app called "endomondo sports" for the blackberry.

I soon will be also joing the $6 GPS lap timer modification club.

ingenious with the vent placement, care to apply the same thinking to the DC2 dash?
          Just had a quick look at the DC2 dash/interior. Not sure what u can do with that one. I'll leave you up to the challenge

FOr reference, this is the brand/packaging I got;

Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

how about this??

http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99737
            S2000
            WSID : TBA
            Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
            Smooth As Detailing
            Incar Racing

Comment

velcro has been holding my power fc hand controller on my air vent for over 5 years now!! haha

Comment

I finally got to test this out at the track last week. Worked great! Was a bit worried that it might fall off but no dramas at all!

Also download the free CMS Lap Timer. Works a treat and funnily enough, as accurate as Natsoft. worst session was only 0.02 or 0.2 seconds out! I have since downloaded the pro version that'll allow me to export the data of lap times and sessions to my laptop via email.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Working...
                X