My Accident Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Accident Yesterday

So thought i'd share some pics of the damage when I had an accident witha Honda CRV yesterday arvo.

Quite simply, I was in the leftlane, other driver was in the right lane, she merged into my lane and didnt see me. I slammed on brakes, my car touched hers, my car stopped and touched the gutter as well.

Damages for me are;

- slight gutter rash when my drivers side front wheel made contact with her rear bumper

- terrible gutter rash on my front passenger side due to the gutter

- drivers side corner of front bumper, paint has cracked

- drivers side headlight, scratched

- Mugen front lip, drvers side is scratched and rubber stripping as come off

- the worst one, drivers side fender has crease and scratches on it.

Damages for other driver is a scratch on her rear bumper, left side of the bumper. Due to the collision, the garnish on the rear bumper is out of alignment across the entire rear bumper.

Hopefully insurance claim goes through with no dramas.

Pictures and lady's first ;p

And mine;

I've raised the car 20mm all around;

Last edited by plAythiNG; 14-11-11, 05:37 PM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

2days old wheels too =(

Comment

sugz, im thinking about sending an email to the company i bought them from, telling them about my bad sitaution hoping they send me 2 x brand new wheels?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Very unlucky mate. Sorry to see. I'm guessing rims were not part of your insurance?

Comment

I havnt put it in the policy, but i dont think it will matter. As far as i been told, the aftermarket parts wont mean anything - its only used to calculate premiums and if the car was stolen etc. because it was an accident, the damages will be fixed. Heasmans have tested both wheels, no buckles or cracks. but they will be refurbished because of the gutter rash
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

It's her insurance company gay pays the damages. Take the car to a friend/repairer. She pays hey excess and insurance company pays for Ur quote. As long as all prices are justifiable ull be fine

Comment

Read this on FB yesterday. Is the lady and guy in the CRV still trying to blame you for the accident?

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
                Read this on FB yesterday. Is the lady and guy in the CRV still trying to blame you for the accident?
                not any more, we wrote down an inciident report that shows she merged into my car.

she tried driving away, didnt want the police involved and refused to write and sign a statement of what happened.
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

sucks hey! Lol wish my accident was only this minor when it happend! Sucks about the new wheels hay!
                  Everytime i look at the photo of my accident igetsad
                  S2000
                  WSID : TBA
                  Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                  Smooth As Detailing
                  Incar Racing

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    I havnt put it in the policy, but i dont think it will matter. As far as i been told, the aftermarket parts wont mean anything - its only used to calculate premiums and if the car was stolen etc. because it was an accident, the damages will be fixed. Heasmans have tested both wheels, no buckles or cracks. but they will be refurbished because of the gutter rash
                    doenst matter if the parts are on the insurance policy, you are not at fault hence you will be reimbursed for the full damage to the car, if you were at fault thats a different story.

Comment

Thanks Steve. btw im gonna go Costco and get lots of Lube! @Timmy B. wai tthis is a forum, not facebook.
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                        not any more, we wrote down an inciident report that shows she merged into my car.

she tried driving away, didnt want the police involved and refused to write and sign a statement of what happened.
                        FECK!!

Lucky you caught up to them and got there details. These are the type of people that should just have the book thrown at them!

Comment

Thank god i got the kpro and tune from BYP so i could catch up. i was really pissed off as i rolled up next to her, i revved it in neautral. had to set the scence y'allknow
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

good thing you caught up to her!

I would have been raging lol
                            ClubITR | Like

Comment

lol i see cabra hj/car wash. was it around cabra area?

Comment

Working...
                              X