Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From the Archives... DC2R vs. DC5S Review (Speed Magazine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Archives... DC2R vs. DC5S Review (Speed Magazine)

Thought I would post this up here, some may not have seen it...

| 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Hm they don't really "test" the cars do they? this guy kinda just drives each car and then states what "feels" faster/better. Does anyone have that article with the dc2r vs dc5r vs dc5s. They had timmed runs in that.

Comment

yup and that artical says the same thing in essence to this artical.

Comment

i would take "twitchy" and "really wants to step out" over "opulent" and "composed" any day...
        ... retired/

Comment

But the dc2r won in the other article haha

Comment

lol u dc2 boys

Comment

what happens if you do intake/headers/exhauast + 16x7 wheels + 215/45/16 tyres to a DC2R?

will it gain overall grip and enough power to be faster than the S?

probably

Comment

Originally posted by BrendanR View Post
                But the dc2r won in the other article haha
                Indeed, and that's all it matters.

However at the end of the day, I will always expect a newer car to be better than its predecessor.
                I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

DC5s FTW!
                  DC5R FTMFW!

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                    what happens if you do intake/headers/exhauast + 16x7 wheels + 215/45/16 tyres to a DC2R?

will it gain overall grip and enough power to be faster than the S?

probably
                    well u can do same shit to dc5r ....

u dont hear people say what happens when you drop 200kg from a type s is it going to be faster then the 2R?

Comment

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
                      well u can do same shit to dc5r ....

u dont hear people say what happens when you drop 200kg from a type s is it going to be faster then the 2R?
                      I was just going to say that...

Comment

I enjoyed reading that article. I've read it a couple of times now.

If you were to "forget" one of the three cars (DC2R, DC5R and Type-S), you'd forget the Type-S first, then you'd forget the DC5R... the DC2R will never be forgotten though. It's legendary in my eyes as it's not compromised in any way at all, especially in comparisson to the DC5R and even more so the Type-S.
                        www.jdmstyletuning.com

Comment

true sequals are never rememebered like the originals

Ie matrix is what sticks in my mind not matrix 2

Comment

how bout we drop 200kg from a dc2r

true sequals are never rememebered like the originals

Ie matrix is what sticks in my mind not matrix 2
                            aliens was better than the original alien, t2 was better than terminator, so were the x-men and spiderman movies

Comment

Well in the motor mag the dc2r won the quickest straight line sprint. But note all 3 integras were extremely similar, came down to miliseconds.

So the conclussion in the motor mag was that the dc2r came out on top because it was the oldest car but due to its weight advantage could still take on a type s in the straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X