a reminder that people should drive within their own limits on cruises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a reminder that people should drive within their own limits on cruises

I thought people here could appreciate this link and take care in the upcomming drive.

http://www.norcalevo.net/forum/index...c,17366.0.html

Comment

owch
      Nobody knows who I really am, I never felt this empty before, And if I ever need someone to come along, Who's gonna comfort me, and keep me strong? We are all rowing the boat of fate, The waves keep on coming and we can't escape, But if we ever get lost on our way, The waves would guide you through another day

Comment

i will be driving Sunday's cruise route tomorrow night, i will be assessing the quality of the road and any potential hazards i notice... (pm me if want to join)

this will assist in a proper drivers breifing on sunday morning.

however - no amount of drivers briefings will provide what commonsense will:

the ROAD is dangerous, you must assess every circumstance as it is happening!

NEVER, EVER drive anywhere "near the limit" on a road you do not know - most of us will never have seen some of the roads we will be visting on Sunday...
        ... retired/

Comment

Man...what a waste of a porsche and a Ferrari

Even though these are super cars and have super handling & performance...but don't overestimate your own ability in been able to handle them when it comes to driving on different conditions on the road...you never know what to expect when conditions change

Best thing I think is taking the car to track and learn more about what it can do and what it can't do before you drive like crazy on the hills...especially with a instructor....track is still safer than mountain...as most likely...it makes a lot of people push beyond their own limit when they feel left behind by cars going faster than them at the front (especially first time going to cruises)

Comment

a very traggic accident... this is why i dont do street racing... been invited to many OP sessions and mooney2... rejected everyone of them... i dont like going on cruises due to this... i was actually hesitant in joining the CITR cruise... but after i get to know more of u folks... it seems safe...

a big for CITR members!! matured drivers... cant wait to join my first CITR cruise...
            http://kingtan.com.au

Comment

is the topic supposed to say should or shouldn't?

anyways, that sux!
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

Thanks to this thread the cruise time will be like 3 hrs instead of the intended 1.5 lol

But RIP to the owner of the GT3

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

im sorry can mods please modify the title to say

"a reminder that people should drive within their own limits on cruises"

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                    Thanks to this thread the cruise time will be like 3 hrs instead of the intended 1.5 lol
                    what's wrong with that? it's a cruise, not a race.

drive safe boys and girls.
                    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                      what's wrong with that? it's a cruise, not a race.

I never said it was a race, jsut stating ppl are now worried and will drive way below their limits

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
                      Horse power is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

suits my micra

Comment

At least this time jing wont have an evo sniffing my butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chi View Post
                            I never said it was a race, jsut stating ppl are now worried and will drive way below their limits

should be doing that on the street anyway
                            T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                              enjoy your Bday - but we gonna miss your photography skills
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X