[VIC] Forum Battle 2012 Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[VIC] Forum Battle 2012 Coverage

Forum Battle 2012, a competition between forums all over Australia. Competing to be crowned the “king forum”. The competition day was Saturday which involved the Time Attack, Motorkhana, Drags and Rally stages. With Sunday being the Show N’ Shine. Saturday was a disaster for organisers as the weather was atrocious. The rain only cleared for spots of 5 minutes before it flashed down hard onto the competitor’s rides as the battle took place. Covering the forum battle Saturday was Bernard Tang and Myself.

First stop as soon as we arrived was to head over to Honda, pretty much the main reason why any of us would have attended :P
    The two Jazz’s were on display whilst the team worked on the engine, and that Red-Head Mugen tuned K20 under the bonnet

Some rather wicked aero parts on this beast

The Gorilla Industries supra was off chops, wicked fast for the time it had on the day

R35 Love was had all round on the day, didn’t see the car out on the track but you could tell it was the centre of attention

Some Cars for Hope rep <3

One mighty fine silvia that ripped it up in both the time attack as well as the gymkhana

CRZ safety car was quite a surprise, took a snap of the baby (would have loved to see the engine bay as it was very quick on the track)

The partner in crime (and his wet camera)

We refused to look like this guy and rathered to have our cameras wet :P

Some epic extreme camber in the rally paddock team carpark

Jazz takes on Rally Calder, full mud all round’

This summed up what it was like to be a photographer on the day. Looks cool being in a bib with credentials, however lots of events were cancelled and you were left out in the rain ankle deep in mud, what a day :P

Vedy Vedy fast Porche

It would appear the Jazz needed more lows, however mud flap scrape would have occurred :P

Marty from Mighty Car Mods, top bloke in person

This car’s colour could not be described or photographed perfectly, it was so perfect in every way

No one was really sure if this car was out in the time attack for a joke or not, was kind of confusing especially then the second car was chasing it down!

1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

The drifters were great to watch, they were not apart of forum battle, but wow, these guys put on a great show. Makes me want to drift (excluding RC drifting)

And then gymkhana started, which wasn’t much of a gymkhana (I've had great experience in gymkhanas, was a rather odd display of the discipline)

In the end some events were cancelled due to the rain being too excessive. Forum Battle for 2012 was a success aside from the slightly ill weather condtions. Would like to thank Felix for the hookup with passes to cover the event and Bernard for driving me and becoming co-photographer. Hopefully at the next forum battle we will have a good ClubITR rep present, get involved guys, would have been a great day (if there was better weather) !!!

Hope you enjoy and let me know if you need high res pics of anything

Peace xx

David

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

Excellent coverage David! Great read and I'm glad you enjoyed it Thanks to you and Bernard for helping out.

Love the Jazz. Any more pics of the engine bay by any chance?
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

Great coverage boss! Hopefully next year we can enter a few cars.

Comment

I'm sure Bernard has one, I'll try find one when I return home Friday

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

Nice coverage boys! Disappointing about the weather, but hey, thats melbourne for you.

Comment

Working...
            X