• Show
Clear All

[VIC] Tampered Motorsport Australia Day 2012

Review of the day guys.
    What did you think?
    Photos aswell and videos.
    Natsoft Timing (Result Below)
    http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/re...01/2012.WIN.S1

(Feel free to add your own positive feedback)
    For my second ever day on track and attending Winton, i thought the day was run pretty smoothly and since there were only 50-60 cars in attendance it allowed every group alot of room so everyone could chase there own PB's. I had amazing fun with alot of lessons learn't throughout the day and the lessons i learn't from my mistakes were very valuable. If people have taken photos of them, you'll see for yourself but it's part of learning.
    To be honest, was good value for money due to the amount of cars in attendance, as some of the guys said to me, less cars the better as there more time on track and more space as i found out!

Organization of the day was pretty smooth but there a few things i dislike (Feel free to add your own) about the way the day is run.

Groups are called out over the PA system and it really can't be heard clearly from the open garage area so i missed about 5 minutes on my sessions at times...

Getting in touch with Adam (He runs Tampered) was a disaster for me, lucky Chris from Tyre Power showed me how to get in contact with him, i rang at least 3 times over 3 days, left messages and not one call in return so i hate the way some people work considering the website says to ring him

When i attended the fun day in December we had a drivings briefing (this dragged on forever). Tampered had no drivers briefing which seemed odd to me as this seemed to cause a few issues especially when the yellow light begun flashing as it was my understand from what i was told on the fun day, yellow means there has been an incident on the track, please slow down and wait till the green comes up... It seemed many didn't know this, i believe Eskimo_Firefighter even got a bloody warning!

Last thing. Where we entered the track was very different from the fun day (entered from the garage pits) but i preferred the entry we used, i didn't like where the steward was standing with his black flag... I had an incident where i was black flagged 3 times, didn't see 2 of them due to him being on the "S" bend as your focusing on the track... Third time i didn't miss him as i had to suddenly brake as he came onto the track, scared the crap outta me... Anyway, i think it's a bad place for the steward as i think in the PITS area down the straight would be best as you can see them much easier and it's more relaxed coming down the straight instead of looking for him as you go through the 'S' bend.

Overall though was a great day, will be attending another, don't know if it'll be the march one though...

Can't wait to see some photos!
    Last edited by MYDC5R; 27-01-12, 03:00 PM.

[VIC] Tampered Motorsport Australia Day 2012

Well, what can be said about Australia Day? The weather was sublime, track time was crazy and well, PBs were smashed (or set). There was a lack of cars signed up for the event which meant there was plenty of time on track

Peter(eskimo_firefighter) and I organised the pre-meet in Campellfield, where we thought not many people would turn up, we were wrong.

There was good ITR rep, and Frush love all round

Our cruise began at around 5:10am, running for just over two hours. Still dark-out we hit the streets on route to Winton (excluding UCCY!!)

We tried to stay together, however some went faster, some went slower. Some didnt drive with hands!

Some slept, some took photos, some used trailers... We were all unique

Cont. next post
    Last edited by dnapol; 27-01-12, 06:25 PM.
    1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
    1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
    2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
    F1 Nut

Comment

Since some of us split up (most heading to maccas), Peter and I arrived early at Winton, where we took up our carports, saving spots for the crew.

Who knows what he was happy about?!

Matt, his first time on a track, ripping up an Evo who lapped 15 seconds slower!!

Epic boosted civic, this guy was fast!

Pete's ep3, beat his PB by a second

True racer style :P

Our little clan, all grouped together in our hangout

Sitting around our BBQ, took an hour to cook

A killer cooper

Whilst at the track, Vijay's wrx had his radiator pipe hit the fan and cut a hole, his radiator cap also blew a hole right through the top! COOLANT EVERYONE! We managed to find a spare WRX cap but still had the pipe problem.

On route home we stopped about 6 times, with our Ghetto minds we managed to fix our problems. We used a rag as our radiator cap and tape to patch the pipe

Stressful work, one person works whilst the others watch and take photos

Time to relax...

Well, that was our day.

Many thanks to everyone coming to the pre-meet, even those not competing (Kai!). Thanks pete for the ride up too
      Ohh and Kai for taking some photos on my camera too

As always, if you need hi-res originals just PM me.
      Many more photos can be found here
      http://s335.photobucket.com/albums/m...%20Day%202012/

Peace
      Last edited by dnapol; 27-01-12, 11:06 PM.

RHCP
      F1 Nut

Comment

Epic day, the turnout for the premeet was way bigger than i thought. Tampered is not the best organised event but good enough for me as long as i get my track time. Today not many cars which gave a lot of free space, which is awesome.

However the weather was way too hot. 35 degrees but my car still performed like a beauty which im so prouddd of! haha. But still an awesome day nevertheless. Will probably go again sometime soon when its nice weather and give another good crack at my PB, really want to get into 1:42's one day.

Thanks dave for being the photographer for the day much appreciated man. Can't wait till you get your car man! And awesome write up and pics man. Pictures are awesome!!!!! And great day btw, met a lot of awesome people and had loads of fun which is what its all about! Beating my pb was just a bonus, even though i wished i had beaten it by a bit more but next time!!!
        Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 27-01-12, 07:09 PM.
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Once again great pic's & quote's of the days event, well done mate

Comment

Great photos David, hope to see more from others!
            Keep in mind that Evo was driving very slow, the car had such quality modifications if you went over to look at it, i think she was taking it very easy, possibly another first timer...
            Very impressive seeing Matt DC5 lap 1.49 as a PB in his first ever Track event.

LOL @ my mate sleeping in my car haha

Oh jesus, just saw what you guys did the vejays cars, extremely ghetto but glad he got home alright!
            Last edited by MYDC5R; 27-01-12, 07:19 PM.

Comment

thanks everyone

the evo was heavily modified, just driven by a retard. try make matt feel good hear

his effort was outstanding for a first time, the car has so much potential

and took like 4 hours to get home

RHCP
              F1 Nut

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                thanks everyone

the evo was heavily modified, just driven by a retard. try make matt feel good hear

Whats highlighted in bold is true...
                VTEC in Matt's car from hearing it go passed me...

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
                  Once again great pic's & quote's of the days event, well done mate
                  Don't give him tooo much credit LOLs!!
                  I took some of the pics tooo =D Haha!!~~
                  Thanks to me for the clan & BBQ pic

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  Great photos David, hope to see more from others!
                  Keep in mind that Evo was driving very slow, the car had such quality modifications if you went over to look at it, i think she was taking it very easy, possibly another first timer...
                  Very impressive seeing Matt DC5 lap 1.49 as a PB in his first ever Track event.

LOL @ my mate sleeping in my car haha

Oh jesus, just saw what you guys did the vejays cars, extremely ghetto but glad he got home alright!
                  Hey i contributed tooo with pics lols but tooo bad i didnt bring my camera... -.- had to use Davids LOLs his camera better than mine anyways kekeke

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                  thanks everyone

HEY MR.David I WANT SOME CREDIT TOOO xD LOLS!!!

Comment

ohh ye i actually forgot to add that. was gonna say you did take a few

so props to KAI!

RHCP
                    F1 Nut

Comment

whoa! wicked turnout and looked like a wicked day! nice photos again Dave and hopefully i can make the next one
                      DC5R: RED GOES FASTER

Comment

was wayyyyy to hot!!! i thought it was going to be 26 and only found out it was going to be 35 at the pre meet wouldn't have gone if i knew otherwise.. lol. still a good and fun day nonetheless.

time for some mods now.. can't wait to get coils..

Comment

Working...
                        X