No announcement yet.

Todd's new S2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still patiently awaiting track impressions of the RE71R.

Originally posted by Toddxxx View Post
    No carbon doors unless I have a cage with side intrusion bars etc

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    Just do what I do and don't crash. Seriously though, Bryan is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      Still patiently awaiting track impressions of the RE71R.

Just do what I do and don't crash. Seriously though, Bryan is wise.
      Hopefully finish up working on the car beginning of Jan. Looking to head out at the end of Jan. There's a few events on then

I have something planned for the doors. Not carbon though

Comment

This info might be of help to someone in the future.

At H Nats I had an off and went over the ripple strip and must've banged the tyre up into the back of the headlight. I don't have fender liners due to pulled guards and the Voltex front bar so the indicator socket and connector got messed up and I wore through some wires. As a result I lost indicators, hazards and alarm flashes on the driver side of the car.
        There's not many s2000 wrecks in aus that get scrapped so I got the part numbers for the two items and was going to order new ones but someone suggested looking at other models like civics etc and seeing if they used the same style connectors and sockets. Turns out the dc2/4 lower bumper indicators are the same but are a couple mm longer in the body meaning you have to trim the o ring down a fraction so you can lock it in to the back of the light. Fixing the connector and socket brought back my indicators and hazards but still no alarm flash on that side of the car so that might be linked to the frayed wires that'll be the next thing to fix.

For the future I might look at grabbing the spoon/spoon style headlight covers that are made. Great little unit that should protect my headlights from future damage.

Last edited by Toddxxx; 29-12-17, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Doesn’t look too complex if you’re not concerned with how it looks...grab some ABS sheet and DIY it with a heat gun

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
            Doesn’t look too complex if you’re not concerned with how it looks...grab some ABS sheet and DIY it with a heat gun
            Yeah I could most likely make my own but it's a nice kit and it's only $90 so I might just buy them and I don't have to worry about anything that way. I actually might try and make something out of aluminium sheet I have left over from the boot block off

Last edited by Toddxxx; 02-01-18, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Yeah I could most likely make my own but it's a nice kit and it's only $90 so I might just buy them and I don't have to worry about anything that way. I actually might try and make something out of aluminium sheet I have left over from the boot block off

Built not bought brahhhhhhhhh /s

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Should have a few bigger updates coming soon.
                In the meantime, I did a full spanner check today and everything was sweet. Got the car all ready and headed to get an alignment at garage88. Go to head out of my street and no indicators. Inspect that later on and discover this.One of the wires had completely snapped now and I've also blown the hazards fuse (not the wires were taped but I removed it for the photos). System is shorting out somewhere so need to get that looked at/fixed on monday. Was hoping for track days next week but we will see.

On the alignment side of things I got my usual specs but upped the front camber by half a degree so now running -3.5. We will see how that goes ta the track

Comment

Fixed all my wiring bugs over the weekend. Ended up having a blown hazard fuse in the engine bay main fuse box, blown turn signal and headlight fuses under the dash, 2 blown fuses in the alarm system which were hidden up under the dash in a taped ball and both the front headlight indicators were blown.
                  Got all that sorted then got on to repairing the wiring. Got a bunch of heat shrink and covered the exposed wire sections and soldered the wire back together so it's all nice and neat now.
                  Everything is working perfectly now and I have lots of spare fuses in my tool drawer haha
                  Actually going to grab some aluminium sheet and make up some covers for the back of the lights like I posted about a few weeks ago. If they don't come out good I'll just buy those frp ones

Comment

In other news, lots of weight reduction took place over the summer break

https://trackbuilt.wordpress.com/201...watchers-pt-2/

Comment

Oosh nice, can you get carbon doors for it perhaps? Or at this point not really worth it?
                      Email: info@moonlightracing.com.au
                      Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/moonlightracingaus/

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Comment

Strong weight saving!
                        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by mlracing View Post
                          Oosh nice, can you get carbon doors for it perhaps? Or at this point not really worth it?
                          Can get them but super exxy and even though I've done this to my metal doors I wouldn't feel safe with carbon doors on the street still. No side crash bars or anything in carbon doors so one side hit and I'd probably be dead haha

Comment

Quick update. Had a track day at Wakefield today and got to test the RE71R for the first time. Result is below
                            Proper blog post will be up soon

https://youtu.be/3O5V8g3XDXg

Comment

Quick update. Had a track day at Wakefield today and got to test the RE71R for the first time. Result is below
                              Proper blog post will be up soon

https://youtu.be/3O5V8g3XDXg

Comment

Can get them but super exxy and even though I've done this to my metal doors I wouldn't feel safe with carbon doors on the street still. No side crash bars or anything in carbon doors so one side hit and I'd probably be dead haha

Ah that's true I didn't even think about that.. agree not a good idea without some kind of cage/side intrusion there.
                                Email: info@moonlightracing.com.au
                                Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/moonlightracingaus/

Supplying the best parts from all around the globe. Whatever you need, Moonlight's got it!

Comment

Working...
                                X