jv-st's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jv-st's DC2R

Hey guys! I'm still relatively new to the forums and so have been quite hesitant about posting up a thread for my car. But I guess I thought why not since I just wanted a place to document/showcase what I've done with my car and to get overall feedback from everyone here. I won't really say it's a 'build' but rather just a diary of my journey with the car. Just a place where I can log what I do with it

Some of you may have seen my DC2R down at the 14' EOYM. I came pretty late to the party and was pretty shy lol. Still won the Local Authority prize pack tho! But for those who haven't here's how it looks (Prior to picking up the window visors)

First impressions of the car though are great! It's still quite recent from when I picked it up a couple months back sitting on 156, xxx km's (as of this write-up, 159, xxx km's). Picked up a new set of NGK spark plugs + Eagle ignition leads, as well as a new battery for precautions sake as soon as I brought her home. Engine feels as good as ever and responds very nicely. The handling also lives up to its reputation and the feeling is amazing. Henceforth at first I was deciding whether or not I did want to modify anything as I would've been more than satisfied with it as is. That didn't last for long but for now I just seem to be hoarding parts for the time being.

For the most part my car is also my daily ride to and from work and for whatever else I get up to on the weekends. I'm still a student though so my goals for the car will hopefully be completed in due time. There wasn't really a set goal or vision for my build but first and foremost I wanted something that I can be proud of building over the next couple of years. Something that I can enjoy to drive up to wherever I go. Something that I can look back on with fond memories and such.

Anyway here's what has currently been done to it thus far:
    • OEM Honda S2000 AP1 clear side turn indicators & clear corners - via previous owner
    • OEM Honda DC2R red stitch shift boot (30/10/14) via AL92
    • OEM Honda DC2R floor mats (front pair were missing - 30/10/14) via AL92
    • Pioneer DEH-X6650 Bluetooth head-unit (9/11/14) via JB HI FI
    • Front/Rear Rockford Fosgate speakers (9/11/14) via Ryda
    • Mugen air intake (13/11/14) via AL92
    • OEM Honda DC2R window visors (23/12/14) via AL92
    • K-Tuned D/B series short shifter w/ Hardrace shifter bushings (20/2/15) via JDMYard
    • J's Racing C304 60RS (12/6/15) via private seller
    • 'DC2R' premium number plates w/ anti-theft screws (18/7/15)
    • Toda Racing 96 spec 4-2-1 header (20/7/15) via Toda Australia
    • 100 cell catalytic converter (21/7/15) via BYP
    • Hondata S300 (22/8/15) via H-Tune
    • OEM Honda S2000 antenna assembly (24/8/15, not installed yet) via Gaijin-Garage
    • OEM Honda DC2R front and rear badges (24/8/15) via Gaijin-Garage
    • JDM front conversion (24/8/15, not installed yet and don't know when lol) via private seller
    • OEM Honda factory optional side skirts + rear pods (16/9/15) via private seller
    • Desmond Regamaster EVO wheels w/ tyres 16x7 +35 (28/10/15) via private seller
    • OEM Honda factory optional side skirts + rear pods via private seller
    • Spoon Sports engine transmission mount set () via Gaijin-Garage
    • Tein Flex Z coilovers via PerfectRun

Somewhere down the track this is what I'd like to do with the funds available:
    • OEM Honda DC2R Type Rx pedals
    • New brake setup (still factory stock, needs changing/refreshing)
    • Sub & amp (looking at another Rockford Fosgate pairing here when I have spare money laying around)
    • 200,000km K-series!? JDM front!?

So yeah that's pretty much it. Hopefully I can tend to this thread more often then not to update you guys or when I take photos of it walking away from the car i'll post them here lol
    Last edited by jv-st; 08-11-16, 12:31 AM.
    00' DC2 Honda Integra Type R | NH592P | DC2R
    13' ZN6 Toyota 86 GT | D4S | CNN-66E
    15' ZN6 Subaru WRX STI Premium | CBS | EBU-36R

Nice car, Debra seems to be a common name for Integras. Haha.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Nice write up bro !

Looks like your plans are coming along well dude, I have got more parts off my car you can have lo!

Run the K-tuned shifter !! You got some nice plans for the car I cant wait to see it progress, good build up from when you first bought it !

I will get back to you about the parts you enquired about !
      sigpic

Comment

Nice. Thanks for sharing!

From my experience, I recommend the ORC 309DS Clutch & Flywheel kit
        ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
          Nice car, Debra seems to be a common name for Integras. Haha.
          Haha, I thought it'd be funny to take the piss out of naming a car and all. Cheers!

Originally posted by AL92 View Post
          Nice write up bro !

Looks like your plans are coming along well dude, I have got more parts off my car you can have lo!

Run the K-tuned shifter !! You got some nice plans for the car I cant wait to see it progress, good build up from when you first bought it !

I will get back to you about the parts you enquired about !
          hey dude! I can't wait either aha! brb buying your whole car lol

I've still got the BC short shifter hanging around though! I've got the Hardrace shifter bushings at least ready to go though

Man I feel like I flood you with random text messages since I'm unsure of when are your work/sleep times

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          Nice. Thanks for sharing!

From my experience, I recommend the ORC 309DS Clutch & Flywheel kit
          Thanks for the recommendation! I remember reading through your blog about that ORC kit With my limited knowledge atm I only seem to be contemplating a TODA lightened flywheel so far, I'm unsure of feel/quality of the rest of what's out there - only from what I hear/read. How did you find the daily drivability the ORC 309DS?

Comment

Picking something up prior to the meet this Wednesday and then I'll come on down. For you guys that are going to be there you can take a peek at what I'm getting done with my car Super keen!

Comment

K-Tuned shifter + cruise

^ Nek minnit.. no impulse JDM front buy haha. None of them were up to scratch/in good condition/missing parts.

Well anyway I haven't gotten around to doing much on the car besides little bits and pieces here and there. Just to raise a few sentiments about the last couple months or so:

Originally posted by KennyBKT View Post
              havent really done anything in the past couple of months, just been enjoying how awesome it is owning one and just driving it on a daily basis!
              Which is exactly what I've been doing Just these past couple of weeks I've hit the 160, 000 km mark travelling all over the place! Getting onto the Grand Pacific Drive was a must for me over these Uni holidays, having also made a quick lunch break at Stanwell Tops for mandatory photos. The missus' also wanted to head down to Wattamolla and Bundeena for Valentines Day, to which I accepted with a grand smile! Pushing through the Royal National Park (1st time!) was another highlight that I'd have to add to the list.

Just yesterday I made the trip up to JDMYard and picked up this beauty along with the Hardrace shifter bushing - a K-Tuned shifter! Shifting is certainly much more precise and the throw shorter. Loving the adjustability too. Had to do a bit of DIY shaving with the shift boot though. In order to get the base rod to fit through had to file down three plastic tabs that were blocking it from sliding in. Also, saw a set of Buddyclub P1 SFs sitting by the door that really got me interested. Initially I wanted these on an EM1 if that were the case last year, but I can still imagine them looking pretty stealthy on the DC2R

Looking at a few more QoL (quality of life) mods in the near future so in particular a S2K antenna and the OEM Type R front strut bar that I picked up recently as well. The opportunity came up to get it real cheap ($60!!) + in excellent knick so I thought why not. Just need to get a hold of those Tegiwa tower strut endlinks and I'm good to go! Will also need to tend to the taillight gaskets, noticing a bit of water down where the spacesaver tyre is and so I suspect it's the problem most DC2 owners face. So when I get to doing that I'll tend to the rear bumper too because I see it sagging a bit.

So that pretty much sums it up what has been happening lately. A few things going through my mind though when I think long-term
              - AUDM or JDM front
              - B-series or K-series, as in whether or not to spend the $$$ when if I plan to keep it long-term I would want to K-swap it past 200, xxx kms
              Last edited by jv-st; 12-08-15, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Swimming pool in your boot is also an QoL mod haha
                Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
                  Swimming pool in your boot is also an QoL mod haha
                  haha, brb changing build inspiration

Comment

Sweet car!
                    I love black type R's. (probably because I have one)

Comment

Originally posted by okcto View Post
                      Sweet car!
                      I love black type R's. (probably because I have one)
                      Thanks man! Come down to one of the EOMM meets here sometime, always good to meet other DC2R owners. But yeah, they really are the best in NHB.. only for the two days after you wash them for LOL

Comment

Seems as though I might have more luck tracking down Malayasia Airlines rather than finding some OEM optional skirts. Already have the rear pods + gurney flap ready to mount on but waiting to finish the set!

Comment

Thought I would go through your thread as well :P

Car looks good man, I see you've already got a head start on me for mods haha

Comment

Originally posted by ace167 View Post
                            Thought I would go through your thread as well :P

Car looks good man, I see you've already got a head start on me for mods haha
                            Only a few things just to get settled in haha, hoarding parts at the moment like crazy!

Just an update on the car though, out of action for the week :/ Few things happened: noticed the biting point in the clutch pedal was changing, hearing the squeaking noises coming and some fluid leaking too so time to replace the CMC and CSC and bleed the clutch which I'll get around to on Saturday. Back to public transport for now haha. Here's a couple of photos I forgot to post up from before though!

Yucky tires and calipers, nice focus though! DC2Rs chillin'

My favourite in particular

via One Pixel Photography

Comment

looking good man

Comment

Working...
                              X