Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 Integra Type R - My Story

Hello guys,

Went with Sugz on here to inspect a DC2R with him over the weekend. I ended up buying one of the DC2R on the weekend haha.

It's a late build 2000 model. Was a bit skeptical with the red recaros in a 2000 model, however my only guess is they stated the red recaro in nighthawk black integra from here.

Cons:
    -247,000 km
    -Bit of paint missing on the front bumper
    - scratches/dents here and there
    -slow/sticky driver side window
    -worn steering wheel. Guess in line with the kilometres
    -lame short ram intake
    -aftermarket sound system
    -slippage of clutch
    -only one key provided
    -aftermarket hid kit faulty
    -peeling stock Center mirror

Pros:
    -original engine & gearbox
    -not on revs
    -full log book service history
    -optional side skirts & rear pods
    -doesn't look like the car has really been modified
    -linked the ownership of the car back to Chris on here (l3v1ndi)
    -engine looks pretty clean
    -RX pedals l
    - immaculate rear seat

Plans for the car:
    -Change all fluids asap - Completed Via Top One Auto 14/10/2017
    -Look to change rotors and pads for something track worthy along with some fresh lines and rebuilding of the calipers
    -oem/Mugen bushing replacement
    -new cmc, and possibly Csc/bmc - Changed to brand new OEM CMC and CSC 14/10/2017
    -new oem clutch and light flywheel - Changed to brand new Exedy Stage 2 clutch kit and Exedy 4.1kg lightened flywheel with brand new OEM items 14/10/2017
    -16" oem dc2r wheels - obtained 10/10/2017. Will look to refurbish if not sold
    -jdm storage compartment (where steering column is) - obtained and installed 14/10/2017
    -reinstall stock airbox with new filter - installed 29/09/2017
    -remove aftermarket sound system and install single din - all removed, and single din reinstalled 01/10/2017
    -detail the car
    -new oem floormats
    -get second genuine key cut - obtained non genuine key from Bensons Locksmiths 01/10/2017
    -new boot struts
    -go back to stock headlight bulbs - obtained new oem globes 26/09/2017
    -clear indicators (currently usdm)
    -baffled sump - installed sump with JDMyard weld in baffle plate via Top One Auto
    -install new driver side regulator if regrease doesn't fix it

So yeah the car is really just going to be a factory standard car. I've watched all the dc2r review vids on YouTube, and it's amazing how Honda put so much work into tuning the dc2r back in the 90's. The car feels amazing to drive for a stock car, and I'm surprised how tight the chassis is even with 247k's on it.

The dc2r looks to be a great daily, and I can't wait to restore it to its best condition without going too overboard.

Pics to come
    Last edited by plAythiNG; 01-10-18, 07:56 AM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Congrats on the purchase Alex!

Excited to see the refresh process.
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Good choice[emoji1531]247ks doesn't mean nothing if it's serviced religiously

Comment

Well done mate, good luck and get some photos up!

Must say I was similar affected with all the recent renewed interest in the OG ITR due to the new CTR launch. All these videos just made me realise how much I needed one back in my life and also went out and bought a fixer upper.
        00-0138 ITR

Comment

Grats mate. Can't wait to see some pics
          Skibeemo.com

Comment

Thanks guys.

Heres the initial pics I have of the car. I also saved the photos of the car from the carsales advert too;

Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Originally posted by michaelz View Post
              Well done mate, good luck and get some photos up!

Must say I was similar affected with all the recent renewed interest in the OG ITR due to the new CTR launch. All these videos just made me realise how much I needed one back in my life and also went out and bought a fixer upper.
              I was actually inspecting this car for my mate. However his heart was set on another one. I was pretty impressed with the car, so I ended up buying it lol. DC2R is a pretty sweet car in standard form, even with the massive kilometres!
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Good to bring an ex-CITR car back home!

Heres an engine bay pic, the engine looks pretty clean from a quick look-in. Can see some fluid residue on both the BMC and CMC reservoir. I'll clean them up, and monitor them for continual leaks. I do plan on fitting a new CMC and CSC when I change the clutch.

So far in terms of refreshing the car, I took a "spark plug" cover bolt from my CRV and put one on there, as well as the bonnet rod's plastic holder too as this one has broken
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

I couldnt bring it home on the night as Julie wasnt aware of it LOL, so Sugi ended up taking it home. Got a free car wash too!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Here she is back home at mine. The clutch is slipping now more than I thought. I hoped I could prolong changing the clutch for awhile but any WOT just sees the clutch slipping. It drives fine as a daily, but eventually I want to visit RNP as I havent been there for awhile.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

Good stuff! I recall seeing this one on carsales. Glad it went to a good home. In much better shape than mine which is now also on white wheels.

We must be brothers in spirit or something as I was the same boat, helped my mate with a 6th gen Prelude go look at ITRs. Afterwards he changed his mind and I kept thinking about the black one and ended up buying it. Only told the missus after I paid the deposit to "sell" it to her too.

Any adjustment left in the clutch pedal? Might get a bit more life out of it.
                      00-0138 ITR

Comment

haha yeah long lost brothers. Also both rocking the USDM orange indicator setup too. I dont mind it, I think I will go back to a clear setup albeit boring!

I'll get my mechanic to look into adjusting the clutch pedal. It drives fine on partial throttle. but if u just full throttle it, it slips right away.

I'm now researching full bushing kit overhaul. Not sure if I want to go Spoon/Mugen/Hardrace. Most likely leaning towards Hardrace. Mounts wise I will explore the spoon option.

I'll also eventually move across to brakes, and look to rebuild the calipers, new braided rubber brake lines, and fresh rotors/pads of course.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Yeah the bloke selling the car, just wanted it gone, and wasnt all too much a car guy. Kind of explains how possibly why the oem clutch lasted around 60,000 km of his ownership haha
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

How long till k swap?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Comment

Red sr3 on nhb ftw
                              Good purchase fag

Comment

Working...
                              X