♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Nice stuff Tom, jeez there is a huge amount of thread on those struts. Anti freeze sounds like a great idea incase you have to do it again!

Comment

I'm still amazed at how hard that driveshaft nut is to crack open. Mine is still stuck to my hub so we're just gonna pull the LCA's to slot it directly into the engine when we drop it in lol.

Comment

Originally posted by munkaii View Post
        How do you have so much space!
        My stuff is spread out over half of metropolitan Melbourne, that's how.

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
        Nice update mate. But what makes the Mugen shocks so special for them not to be able to be rebuilt somewhere in Australia? I hope the bill from Mugen isn't too dear!
        Thanks. It's not that no one in Australia has the skills or tools to do the dampers, it's more that I think it's unlikely that Mugen/Showa will sell them the parts as a few bits need replacing. Rather than go through that drama I'd rather send them to Mugen and know it's done correctly.

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
        Looking promising as always Tom!
        I'll always remember what you said, anything that mugen make it's pretty much gold proof and the condition of the shocks is showing that!
        Can't wait to see em rebuilt!
        Thanks mate! Definitely looking forward to having them back after the freshen up, I'm sure they'll be like new.

Originally posted by Oz Striker View Post
        Nice stuff Tom, jeez there is a huge amount of thread on those struts. Anti freeze sounds like a great idea incase you have to do it again!
        Thanks, yep it took me longer to spin all the collars off than it did to swap out the rear Mugen coilovers with the OEM ones. Anti seize is in my top 5 favourite things, right next to the spot weld drill bit.

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        I'm still amazed at how hard that driveshaft nut is to crack open. Mine is still stuck to my hub so we're just gonna pull the LCA's to slot it directly into the engine when we drop it in lol.
        You need a great big bar, until recently my 1m long 3/4' drive breaker bar had never been defeated when undoing those nuts!

Comment

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Great update Tom! She lives!! Can't wait to see her again, simply stunning

Originally posted by Norm View Post
          My mates and I snapped 2 breakers bars trying to remove the nuts! Till we realised we didn't have to for what we were doing -_-
          1995 Honda Civic EG (K20)
          1998 Nissan 180SX Type X (SR20)
          2010 Volkswagen Golf GTI (Emission Monster)

RHCP
          F1 Nut

Comment

Copper paste anti-seize? Where does one acquire such a substance?

Im assuming it's good in all applications? Or mostly just heat prone/weathered areas?

Comment

@charger out of curiosity, how did you get in touch with mugen to sort the rebuild? i assume you spoke to an engrish spreaking rep?
              eckoflyte

Comment

Originally posted by dnapol View Post
                Great update Tom! She lives!! Can't wait to see her again, simply stunning
                Thanks champ, looking forward to bringing it out to a meet sometime soon.

Originally posted by rookie View Post
                Copper paste anti-seize? Where does one acquire such a substance?

Im assuming it's good in all applications? Or mostly just heat prone/weathered areas?
                I acquired mine from Repco from memory, you should be able find it somewhere. I use it anywhere I don't want to seize up, but nowhere that is torque critical. Useful for spark plug threads and the like.

Originally posted by andrew84tran View Post
                @charger out of curiosity, how did you get in touch with mugen to sort the rebuild? i assume you spoke to an engrish spreaking rep?
                Nope I haven't had to try out my Engrish yet, there's information on the process for rebuilds with Mugen on their motorsports website. All I have to do is box them up, fill in a form with my details and whether I want them revalved (I'll get a Japanese friend to do this) and send it off to them, and once they have them and disassemble them they send me a quote, then fix them and send them back. Hopefully the whole process goes smoothly, I haven't sent them off yet.

Comment

@ChargeR please teach me your mechanical skills... I envy you so much..

Let me be your apprentice..

Comment

Originally posted by teee94 View Post

I was in line first. Sorry champ.

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                      Who said we all can't join ?

Comment

lol.

Comment

Originally posted by teee94 View Post

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
                          Easy guys there's plenty of me to go around. I don't know much though, so it's better that you just work things out yourself, the same way I have. Most of the time when I was working on my car I was winging it, having never done it before and no idea what I was doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                            winging it, having never done it before and no idea what I was doing.
                            Me everytime I work on my car.
                            Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Massive update. I had to move my car to my new place so I fitted up a new intake pipe after discovering the old one was split. This is the third OEM intake pipe so far for this car. The car is still as great as I remember it being when I last drove it 12 months ago.

All fixed. Excuse the dusty engine bay, it's been a few years since it was washed.

I've got a couple of other new OEM parts for this car, so I'll update again when I fit those. Unfortunately the N1 shocks are still sitting in a box in the back of the car, so it will be some time until I hit the track again in this car. I'm aiming for later this year though.

Comment

I really miss this red car..
                                Shak's S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X