No announcement yet.

Mike's DC2R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knew your car looked familiar. I saved your thread about the JDM DC2 on ClubRSX years ago. I used to go back and read it before the pictures disappeared and dream about owning it lol Nice rides!

Comment

Thank you! Web hosting for those photos went down only a few years ago and I haven't really bothered to upload the whole lot again. Look back fondly at my old Integra and those years I spent in Japan. While I can't recreate Japan here in Aus I can still get a DC2R
      00-0138 ITR

Comment

Funny how I posted here back in August saying a dc2r would be an awesome daily! The jdm 16" wheels look amazing. I'll also be ordering a set from Japan soon.

What do u have planned for the car. The rust in the boot doesn't look bad at all. Some rust remover and or wire wheel should clean that up nicely.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Cheers, good luck on getting a set for your NHB.

I've got a HKB boss on order and will be changing the ripped stock steering wheel very soon.

Latest development, followed up the new owner who bought my white ITR on whether he still had the old MOMO Corse steering wheel, turns out he sold it but managed to put me in touch with the person bought it off him. I contacted that person and finally got my old steering wheel back which I absolutely loved. They don't make this model anymore.

Here's a photo of it in the white R:

It's been kept in good nick and I'm very glad to have it back. It's a 93 Nov manufacture date so a very old version of the MOMO Tuner. I liked the fact it doesn't have the thumb grips.

After that I just need to find stock DC2R suspension and maybe even exhaust. Wanting to returning mine to stock so it's as comfortable as possible for daily duties.
          Last edited by michaelz; 12-09-17, 01:18 PM.
          00-0138 ITR

Comment

I wonder if there is any difference in the AUDm suspension versus 98 spec suspension. I do think there is due to 15 versus 16inch wheels.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

I love your garage line up!

Might be a silly question but do you prefer the dc2 with jdm b18 or audm?

Comment

Such a nice garage you have! Love that FD!~
                Follow on Facebook
                http://www.facebook.com/96BRG

Follow on Instagram
                http://www.instagram.com/96BRG

Comment

Originally posted by sugz View Post
                  I love your garage line up!

Might be a silly question but do you prefer the dc2 with jdm b18 or audm?
                  Definitely the JDM DC2.

In terms of power I think the JDM felt just a bit more grunty but maybe it's the gear ratios? To be fair the feel can vary quite a lot between cars as each engine is hand finished so they're all slightly different.

The 98spec suspension is roughly 0.1kg harder all round with 1mm thicker rear sway bar. Feels more sorted than the AUDM which is basically 96spec and is a bit more nervous.
                  00-0138 ITR

Comment

Originally posted by stephen8512 View Post
                    Such a nice garage you have! Love that FD!~
                    Thanks, I love roadsters too obviously, please enjoy some photos from the most recent Roadster Zoku meet. Sorry for phone quality photos.

Also attended an RX7 owners meet recently.

The FD got some attention at cars & coffee last weekend, proper photos not taken on a phone for a change.

Had to chuck this one in too, that wang is bigger than the car.

Last edited by michaelz; 30-04-18, 09:55 PM.
                    00-0138 ITR

Comment

Handy as a guide to anyone wanting to save themselves a bit of coin, I am happy to confirm you can use a NON SRS boss kit on the DC2R.

Originally no one could confirm for me exactly what is the difference between OH-207 and OH-215 which are specifically the SRS boss kits.

However they are twice the price of the more basic OH-136 which is the most generic DC / EG boss kit. I wasn't convinced on spending 3x the price on the SRS version if the non SRS one fits also.

So took a punt on it and it is working perfectly. If you aren't afraid to cut wires and splice, below is the full install guide.

1. Removing a very worn SRS wheel, safety first, ensure to disconnect the battery for at least 5 mins.

2. Removed the SRS clock spring as well, I can only assume the SRS boss kits are more plug and play and will retain the clock spring. Apparently they also provide a SRS light cancellor but more on that later.

3. Testing the pair of wires going into the clock spring are indeed for the yellow SRS airbag connector.

4. Confirmed which wires do what, will be cutting the airbag wires as that connector cannot be removed from the clock spring.

5. After doing some reading on how to stop the SRS light staying on, apparently it's just a matter of wiring in a 2ohm 1/4 watt resistor. So really HKB is charging you an extra $70 AUD for a 50 cent plug and play resistor when buying the SRS boss kit. What a joke.

6. Spliced the resistor onto the 2 airbag wires and checked resistance across both ends. Soldered on once I confirmed the resistance is correct.

7. Now getting the horn to work, you just need to ensure the horn wire is in constant contact with the back of the boss kit. It's pretty much the same as an RX7: https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generati...nstall-904878/

8. Moment of truth, did the 50 cent resistor do the trick? SRS diagnostic on ignition.

9. Success, light went off within a few seconds and no errros:

Some final shots of my 90s era MOMO Corse now installed.

Last edited by michaelz; 30-04-18, 09:54 PM.
                      00-0138 ITR

Comment

Finally managed to source a replacement gearbox and stock suspension. Gearbox will have to wait for another day but got all the stock suspension back in today. I think this is the only instance where putting stock back in is an upgrade.

Way harder than my S13, had to drop the sway bar link, lower fork then squeeze it all back together. Lots of jacks needed to move the hub/lower arm up and down.

Huge difference in shock & spring lengths

Again, way more effort than basic nissan rear suspension. Even the FD's rat nest rear link was easier than this. Had to basically unbolt everything for the lower arm to drop enough to get the extra long rear shocks in.

Stock ride height isn't too bad actually. With the cheap coils I had it set at approx 2.5cm wheel gap all round. Stock is around 4cm wheel gap which is acceptable considering I want it to be more comfortable and still handle.

Last edited by michaelz; 30-04-18, 09:54 PM.
                        00-0138 ITR

Comment

Couldn't just unbolt the rear LCA and swing it out of the way?

Comment

Lift both sides at the same time and it will be alot easier to replace the dampers and springs. You have a lifting point in the front and you can lift it on the towing hook in the rear.
                            DC2R - J's Racing

Comment

Nice let us know how it feels after an alignment with stock compared to the aftermarket shocks u had
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Haven't updated for a long time but the DC2R is back to full health.

Refreshed trans is in, new timing belt, new idler pulleys, full set of brand new RE003s and after the alignment drives every bit as well as I remember my white one.

Since it's mainly just maintenance rather than mods, wasn't really update worthy. She's been a bit of a garage queen lately and as it turns out, the MX5 is a better daily since I work in the CBD and scared of the ITR being doored in tight parking lots.

Sooooo, diverted some attention to the RX7 recently and added the below:

Full Function Engineering primary and secondary rails, dual in dual out setup
                                Turbosmart FPR1200 v3
                                Bosch EV14K 1000cc primary injectors and 2200cc secondary injectors.
                                Walbro 400 fuel pump
                                Blitz Dual SBC
                                Turbosmart 50mm progate

T04R bridgeport tuned on a power FC, clutch limited at 300rwkw on 16psi. Will probably need a Exedy Hyper Single or go twin plate. Engine is good for 20psi so something to aim for next clutch change.

Seems to idle fine on big injectors:

Last edited by michaelz; 30-04-18, 09:53 PM.
                                00-0138 ITR

Comment

Working...
                                X