Vbp DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vbp DC5S

Hey guys.. been roaming around this forum for a very very long time.. just checking out the awesomeness... but too shy to comment.

2006 VBP Integra Type S. 64k mileage when I bought it... 70k mileage as of August 2010. Ex-lady owner who used it to get from Ryde to Gosford everyday

Came with:
    - Parrot bluetooth hands-free kit
    - Reverse sensors
    - Legal Tints

so very high...

yeeee

CURRENT MODS

Engine
    GruppeM Intake
    Kakimoto Exhaust
    Toda Headers w/ 200cel cat
    Hondata KPRO pre-tuned I/H/E
    Honda 5.1 Final Drive + TSX 6th Gear
    Honda EP3R Flywheel
    Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
    Wavetrac LSD
    Hardrace engine mounts

Suspension
    Tein Super Streets
    Hardrace Camber arms
    Work Meister S1R [17 x 9 +25]
    Kumho KU31 [235/45/17]
    DBA4000 T3 Slotted Rotors
    Ferodo DS2500 pads

Interior
    Red type R door panels
    Red SR4 Recaro
    Type R Gearknob
    Type R Pedals
    Stainless Steel door step trims

Exterior
    Type R Wing
    A-Spec Mini wing
    Mugen front lip
    A-Spec side skirt
    A-Spec rear lip
    JDM rear bar
    JDM Visors
    JDM Headlights [OEM Setup]

As of 3rd August, 2010.

Everything stock except for:

- Injen CAI
    - JDM air freshener for that 5kwatw bonus

As of 11th November, 2011. [Page 2]

- Red Type R door cards
    - Type R gear knob
    - Type R wing + Mini Decklid spoiler
    - Retrosolutions HID kit

As of 27th November, 2011.

- Tein Super Streets Coilovers [page 4]

As of 5th February, 2012

- 17 x 9 +17 CR Kai's [page 4]

As of 1st August, 2012 [page 6]

- Hardrace mounts
    - Hardrace Camber arms + Ingalls Camber bolts
    - New tyres
    - Type R pedals

As of 27th October, 2012 [In Korea]

- New parts coming in ;D
    - Will update as soon as the time is right...

20th February, 2013

- JDM Headlights installed [Page 6]
    Last edited by ob3d; 22-07-13, 12:14 AM.

finally another VBP in sydney

nice car man, as for the typeR wing i bought mine with it

Comment

STEVAN! yehhh i've seen your car around ;D

read up on it on clubrsx and here~

defs one of the more inspiring builds for the vbp =D

your comments are highly appreciated!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

March/April 2010 - Went for a cruise with friends. They liked the car, but was not amazed at VTEC crossover.. saying "it needs more oomph".

April 2010 - installed my first proper mod.

before

after =]

the difference in sound... definitely worth it. im sure you guys would agree =]
      Last edited by ob3d; 27-10-12, 11:26 PM.

Comment

wow thats a big wrap thanks mate, im happy to lend any help/advice when needed
        have fun modding and enjoy the good exchange rate we have atm because i surely am

Comment

lol...i like the part where the money is laid out haha.......definetly going to keep an eye out on this thread.

Comment

nice

Get teins, but not superstreets. Monoflex as a minimum

Comment

hey spoon...monoflex...how they for everyday?...i suppose more rigid than ss i suppose?

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                lol...i like the part where the money is laid out haha.......definetly going to keep an eye out on this thread.
                HAHAHA

nahh! the guy wanted cash.. so i had to withdraw some money out. theres a lot of colour cos it wasnt just a one-time withdraw.. it was lyk.. bit by bit so yehh. (the 5's and 10's were broken from 20's)

ill b taking a money shot before i buy $2000 suspension... (wishes)

Originally posted by SpoonS View Post
                nice

Get teins, but not superstreets. Monoflex as a minimum
                yehh! planning on teins.. been getting good reviews on them. hows HA?

Comment

HA's are quite an old model now and flex has become superseeded so your pretty much left with superstreet and monoflex for street and part time track applications respectively in the tein range.
                  Spoons is hardcore and is moving from superstreets to super racing but the streets are great if you dont plan to track your car regularly (Spoons aka Eddie got a 1.09x at wakefiled on superstreets so dnt underestimate their potential). also out of buddyclubs you will find the N+ doesnt go very low and the RSD's will be a good compromise between the superstreets and monoflex (1500 shipped from the states atm)
                  Last edited by stevan; 04-08-10, 12:11 AM.

Comment

do the pillow ball mounts from the tein ss present as an issue but? ..like would there be alot of clunking noises?..because i remember my old tein HA's were starting to clunk even after servicing them.

Comment

Well it all depends on what you plan on doing with the car. If your looking to track it, get monoflex. SS is good for normal driving coz its not as stiff as monoflex. It bounces a bit on bumps before it settles though, where as the monoflex's would bounce once, then settle, so you feel more in control instead of bouncing about the place. If you get a chance to test cars that have both the suspensions, you'll know what i mean. Once you hit the track though, and are using SS, you'd wish that you forked up that little bit extra for the monoflex's, like me... Its called super street for a reason.

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                      do the pillow ball mounts from the tein ss present as an issue but? ..like would there be alot of clunking noises?..because i remember my old tein HA's were starting to clunk even after servicing them.
                      I haven't gotten any problems with the mounts eg clunking noises. But i do get a lot of other noises in my car from my lower arm bushing and lsd that will never go away

PS you guys also have to know that i'm quite noob at the inner workings of cars. i'm basing everything on my experiences, so some stuff i say might be completely off. Just so you know :P
                      Last edited by SpoonS; 04-08-10, 12:27 AM.

Comment

ooooh

kk so im onli using my car for street use. doubt ill b using it on tracks..
                        i want as comfortable a ride as possible but high quality sussy..

wat shud i b looking at getting and what's the price range?

Comment

if you want comfortable, i think you should just stick with the stock ones and maybe get get some lowering springs?

Comment

truth, no coilovers are particularly "comfortable". theres always compromise, shortening suspension travel and increasing damping and spring rates will never be as comfy as stock suspension.
                            then again getting lowering springs wont give you a decent handling performance gain. BC BR series suspension is fairly cheap and decent, a lot of guys use them and they are pretty comfy with a 6kg/mm2 spring combo. or spend a bit more and get tein SS from the states

Comment

ahhhh kk.

nahh i think ill avoid lowering springs.

teinss sounds good. $1500 shipped was it?

Comment

Working...
                              X