This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOBBYK View Post
    What would be the best way to go without having the guards rolled? Thanks for the reply!
    At a rough guess a width of 8" to 8.5" and an offset of +35 to +40, with a 225/40 tyre if you're going for 18s, will just fit on a DC5 without guard modifications, but as stienerv2 mentioned without rolled guards it's never be what anyone would call flush. Take a look through this whole thread and also this thread for more information: LINK. Your question has already been answered many times over in various places all over the Internet.

Originally posted by Jaycray View Post
    Hey guys a friend and I have spent weeks researching tyre sizes and fitment but we have one question that needs to be answered.

I got a set of TE37's in 17x8.5+30 with 245/40/17 Goodyear tyres with some camber wear on the edges. The road noise is pretty bad on these tyres. I'm going to buy a set of new tyres in either 225/45/17 or 235/40/17. Obviously tyre noise is based on several factors including the design of the tyre etc. What we want to know is, are a set of identical tyres in a 40 profile and 45 profile going to sound pretty similar with road noise or would the slightly lower profile give a significant increase in road noise?

Also, with these TE37's with 245/40 tyres on full lock I could hear what sounded like a possible rubbing or low pitched whirring sound. I put it on full lock and couldn't feel or see anything rubbing in the wheel well. Car is sitting at stock height to. Is this just the power steering? Or would 245/40 simply be too wide?
    Tyre profile will have a negligible effect on road noise compared to the type/tread pattern of tyre selected. So if you want quiet, look at tyres that are known to be quiet and don't worry about the profile. Personally I'd go for a 225/45 as it's a lot more common size so you should have plenty of options.

It's possible that the wheel is rubbing at full lock, but unlikely given you're at stock height. Have you removed a wheel and had a good look inside the wheel well, if it's rubbing it will be obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
      At a rough guess a width of 8" to 8.5" and an offset of +35 to +40, with a 225/40 tyre if you're going for 18s, will just fit on a DC5 without guard modifications, but as stienerv2 mentioned without rolled guards it's never be what anyone would call flush. Take a look through this whole thread and also this thread for more information: LINK. Your question has already been answered many times over in various places all over the Internet.

Tyre profile will have a negligible effect on road noise compared to the type/tread pattern of tyre selected. So if you want quiet, look at tyres that are known to be quiet and don't worry about the profile. Personally I'd go for a 225/45 as it's a lot more common size so you should have plenty of options.

It's possible that the wheel is rubbing at full lock, but unlikely given you're at stock height. Have you removed a wheel and had a good look inside the wheel well, if it's rubbing it will be obvious.

Hey ChargeR, I've lended the Te37's to a friend while he gets his wheels sprayed, When I took off the wheel I checked the inside of the wheel to see if there was any damage etc from rubbing. None. stupid me didn't actually take a good look at the wheel well, but if there was anything bad I probably would've noticed. Maybe it wasn't rubbing then, it only clicked with me today, I get a similar noise sometimes when steering to full lock at low speeds in car parks, and I'm running a 215/45 on a 17x7.5 +45 wheel on stock height when this occurs. I'm thinking it may be just something to do with the power steering.

Comment

40 and 45 profile aren't gonna make a difference in road noise. Full lock sound is power steering, best not to full lock.

Comment

Hi all,

Apologies as I'm sure my exact scenario must've been covered within the past 157-or-so odd pages...

The car is a DC5S with untouched fenders/guards, lowered on Tein S-tech (1.5F/1.7R).

With what tire widths will 17x9+25/+35 fit? without rolling guards or running ridiculous camber?

Thanks!

Comment

I suggest you use the search function, I would also suggest you roll your guards for anything like that.

Comment

Thought I would put up my current setup as a few people have been asking me.

Front: 17x9.5+18 (spaced fenders)
              Tyre: AD08R 255/40

Rear: 17x9+22 (Pulled/flared)
              Tyre: AD08R 235/45

Half way pulling the rears (Left photo) ............................. Rolled rears (no fender pull) (right photo)
              Last edited by Timmy_B; 13-05-15, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Hey all,

Did have a search but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.
                17x8+50
                17x8.5+50
                on a dc5? possible?
                I'm thinking that i would have a bit of cop trouble..no?
                cheers
                FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy_B View Post
                  Thought I would put up my current setup as a few people have been asking me.

Front: 17x9.5+18 (spaced fenders)
                  Tyre: AD08R 255/40

Rear: 17x9+22 (Pulled/flared)
                  Tyre: AD08R 235/45
                  Whats your alignment like Tim?

Comment

Originally posted by Mothius View Post
                    Hey all,

Did have a search but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.
                    17x8+50
                    17x8.5+50
                    on a dc5? possible?
                    I'm thinking that i would have a bit of cop trouble..no?
                    cheers

You'll likely have inner clearance problems. Is there a reason why you want to go with such a high offset?
                    With those sorts of widths i think +35-40 would be the highest you should go ideally

Comment

Thanks for the reply Nathan
                      Yeah i was thinking that as well. Only such a huge offset coz I got a spare set of FD rims i was thinking to run but looks like I'll give it a miss :/
                      FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathannnnn View Post
                        Whats your alignment like Tim?

Old setup was very tail happy but more so to 'fit' wheels.
                        Front........
                        Toe -1.2
                        Camber -4

Rear
                        Toe +.7
                        Camber -2.5

New setup, more grip and needed body work to fit tyres.
                        Front.......
                        Toe -0.9
                        Camber -2.7

Rear.......
                        Toe 0
                        Camber -1.4

Comment

have just read through the thread and still a bit confused. I have a set of RPF1 17x9 +35 coming in and planning on wrapping them in RE003 235/45/17 at around 1 finger gap all round. From what I understand I'll need at least -2degrees of camber all round as well as rolled rear guards. I currently have BC BR coilovers with front camber plate as well as rear camber arms already installed.

I just wanted to check what camber settings i'll need to be running to avoid scrubbing and whether I'll need to modify tie rods?

Ultimately i'm aiming for more performance but still wanting that flush look

Comment

Hey guys I'm currently running on the JDM DC5 Suspension with brembos on JDM DC5 Wheels 17x7 +60. I'm looking at getting the new Works D9R wheels (newer addition of the xd9). They come in these specs (17 X 8.5 [45mm dish] +32, +42]).

1. Would they clear my brembos?
                            2. What work would be needed in order to fit them?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi all, just thought I'd post up a small guide on wheel fitment for the S2000 after receiving a few PM's about it.

Enkei RPF1 17x9+45mm with 255/40/17 or 245/40/17 (safer option) square setup.

To fit the 17x9+45 setup with a 245/40 all round, you'll will definitely need to roll the fenders. Rears will need to be rolled and the rear bumper tab relocated, and fronts will require a roll and a slight pull. I would definitely aim to run as much camber as the OEM setup allows which should be about -2.5, but this also dependent on how low your car is. My car has flared front guards, but it is possible to fit this on OEM'ish front fenders, a slight pull and roll is enough.

Although this picture doesn't help that much considering my fronts have been flared, there are many s2000 owners out there that run this setup without flaring the fronts. Also the front fender liners will probably have to be trimmed.

Rear bumper tab relocation DIY guide: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8378...tab-relocated/
                              1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Just as an add-on to Peter's post above. I'm running 17x9+40 with 255/40/17 (AD08R) with -3.1 degrees camber. Ride height is the same as Peters, and my front guards are just rolled. I dont scrub at all whether its on the circuit or on the street. Also as well When you bumper tap relocate the rear, try to get a grinder and cut off the excess and hit it with rust proof spray. I've seen alot of the yanks just get a mallet and bash it and it doesnt look clean at all
                                Integra Type R
                                Integra Type S
                                S2000

Comment

Working...
                                X