DC2R Limited Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Limited Edition

I've heard ppl talked about the difference between the standard and Ltd Ed. ???? been told so many different things...can someone plz confirm for me? thx!!!

Limited edition DC2 Type-R came with aircon, floormats, sports pedals and rear window film 'INTEGRA TYPE-R' logo as standard. Yellow LMs sported yellow recaros and a different paint - Racing Yellow, instead of sunlight yellow.

In Japan they got Type-Rx which has more or less of the above too...

something like that anyway, correct me if im wrong someone.
    http://www.soasiandvd.com.au

Comment

does the Limited Edition DC2R have the oem sideskirts?

Comment

i dont think any LE came with OEM bodykit.

and I forgot to add, I don't think it was called limited edition, i think it was something like 'Indy Special'.

Comment

yeah i rmb it was indy edition or something
          <3j

Comment

lol this thread is going to confuse everyone...
            i think you got it all mixed up...
            the Indy Special is the GSi not the TypeR...
            http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au...GRA&year=19990

It's not "Limited Edition" it's just the Integra Type R Sport which was released in 2000.

Comment

at work we have a book that list out all models of all make until today...and it clearly say Honda Integra Type R Limited Edition...

i know about wot danielioner said...and it does come with OEM kit too....but i also heard it comes with CTR cams...which i believe is fault..but its wot i've heard...heard so many diff version..thats y i wanna confirm....

Comment

Limited Edition Type-R came out at the end of 2000 for a few months only and from what I know, it only has the "optional" extras as standard i.e. sports pedals, etc. The OEM bodykit (which I have on my car) still remained an option and was not standard in the Limited Edition.

Also, the yellow Recaro seats only ever came out in the 2001 model DC2R and NOT in the 2000 Limited Edition ITR's...

All mechanical, engine, etc. still remained the same in Limited Edition as with the "normal" ITR. I believe what you're referring to with the "CTR cams" or whatever they use from the B16A only came with the 2001 model DC2R, therefore did not come in the 2000 Limited Edition models.

I hope this clears a few things.

Comment

ray - CTR is B16B

and AFAIK is same specs for 00+ ITR's
                  ... retired/

Comment

woops... thanks dave! i didn't know that!
                    is it the cams or the intake manifold? something that is more aggressive than the B18C...

Comment

civic type-r EK9 intake camshaft ONLY

Comment

The black and yellow 2001 models all got a refresh with the yellow getting yellow recaros and black getting red recaros.

Not sure about 2000 or 1999 but I'm pretty confident that my 2001 is using the same paint code as the DC5Rs

Comment

so the limited edition comes with CTR intake cams...cool guys tahts for the details....taht just cleared everything otu for me...

Comment

Originally posted by RDC-2™ View Post
                            so the limited edition comes with CTR intake cams...cool guys tahts for the details....taht just cleared everything otu for me...
                            no man... there's been a misunderstanding there...

the only thing the Limited Edition DC2R gets over the "normal" DC2R is the optional accessories such as sports pedals, Type-R floor mats, etc.

the motor and all other mechanical things with the limited edition vs normal are ALL THE SAME...

we were only talking about the 2001 DC2R (which are all "normal" and no "limited edition") using the CTR intake camshaft as a mechanical difference compared to the 1999 and 2000 model DC2R... however Tinkerbell thinks the 2000 model got the CTR intake camshaft too...

i hope this now clears it all up... you basically only get "fashion" accessories with the limited edition 2000 model DC2R without paying for it... that's the only difference.

Comment

I have the complete JDM DC2R parts manual from Japan. Actually, the manual includes every DC1 and DC2 ever manufactured in Japan for the JDM. Acording to the manual, there are 4 different DC2R models as follows:

DC2-110 - manufactured from Oct 1995 until Aug 1996 - known as Spec. 96

DC2-120 - manufactured from Sep 1996 until Dec 1997 - known as Spec. 96 (97 model)

DC2-130 - manufactured from Jan 1998 until Jun 1999 - known as Spec. 98

DC2-140 - manufactured from Jul 1999 until production ceased towards the end of 2000. As far as I can read Japanese, it wasn't given any particular designation. I have seen it refered to as 2000 or 00 model but never spec. 00 or Spec 2000.

I do have a Japanese sales brouchure for every model ever released. The last one (DC2-140) shows a canary yellow coloured Type R with yellow seats on the cover.

The Type Rx did exist, however, the "x" simply stands for extras included and this was limited to (as far as I can read) a sports pedal set and floor mats. The Rx as far as I can see wasn't an official designation, simply a marketing exercise.

As far as camshafts are concerned, I checked out the parts manual. Every model DC2R had exactly the same exhaust camshaft part number of 14121-P73-J00. For the inlet camshaft, the part number for the first three models is 14111-P73-J00. The last model had a slightly different part number being 14111-P73-J01. Now, don't get excited, the only difference is the last digit being a "1" instead of a "0". The last digit simply is a code for the subcontractor that made the camshaft. The last model DC2R had exactly the same inlet camshaft but made by a different subcontrator (read manufacturer).

The coding "P73" indicates that the part was originally manufactured for a DC2R.

I hope this is of some help.

Comment

Working...
                              X