No announcement yet.

♦ ♦ ChargeR's DC5R Blog ♦ ♦

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey tom, how are you finding the energy suspension motor mount inserts?
    Chk Chk Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by philly View Post
      hey tom, how are you finding the energy suspension motor mount inserts?
      They are still doing their job . I can still launch with nearly no wheel hop. The vibrations decreased in the couple of weeks after the install but they have remained fairly consistent since then, with only a couple of small interior rattles to show for it. To compare I found Chi's Innovative mounts to vibrate a little more, particularly at higher revs, whereas the ESMM only seem to give grief at low idle with the air conditioning on. I am not sure which hardness mounts he has however.

Comment

Tom,
        I read it all, it’s am excellent read
        Thanks for sharing.
        Look forward to any more comments you might add in the future

Comment

thanx for sharing, nice choice of parts too. nice car.
          planning some aftermarket wheels by any chance?
          "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

Originally posted by maracer View Post
            Tom,
            I read it all, it’s am excellent read
            Thanks for sharing.
            Look forward to any more comments you might add in the future
            Thanks Mario . The next year or so will hopefully be an interesting time for me and my car. I am hoping to get into some sprints soon or something competitive.

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
            thanx for sharing, nice choice of parts too. nice car.
            planning some aftermarket wheels by any chance?
            Maybe . What gave you that idea?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
              Reserved for me because I can. If you have read this far thanks!
              i just looked at pics LOL

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
              *waits for cascade light/hid upgrade*
              haha cascade HIDs new brand specially for tom
              Last edited by BLacKSToNe; 26-08-08, 06:59 PM.
              † BLKSTNâ„¢

Comment

Your comments in my thread are well deserved within this blog as well; it really is a pleasure to see a well thought out car, as opposed to the average CBR who decides to throw parts onto their car because someone else on the internetz said that it was the 'best mod I've ever done, bro'.

I've always respected your modding philosophy of improving the driver behind the wheel before adding more parts to make your car faster, which has always made me regret not tracking the car on stock suspension. It also makes it so much more exciting whenever you add a new part to the car (besides your sticker collection, which is coincidentally dwindling, you ricer) and I can't wait till you unveil the next mod to the world!

Btw, nice photos guy. Did you take them? I'm loving the last photo of the two teamMR/Ghetto Fab cars in Tech///Sport.
                Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Good read Tom, always good to hear a little about Tas on the forum!!

Yes I had time to read it all, I know get a life right!! I really enjoy these Blog style build up threads and am hoping more people decide to follow the current trend of creating one.

Keep up the good work fellow Two Header!!

2000 DC2 Integra type-R NHB #00-0413
                  DBA 4000 series front rotors
                  Hot Bits performance Coil-Overs

Comment

Awesome read Tom!

good stuff.. can't wait for that next mod you're going to unveil to us!
                    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Very nice blog. Needs moar power! hehe
                      BYP Racing & Developments
                      Built. Tuned. Driven
                      Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                        Awesome read Tom!

good stuff.. can't wait for that next mod you're going to unveil to us!
                        Thanks Felix, I can't wait for my next mod too.

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                        Very nice blog. Needs moar power! hehe
                        Hehe if 100kW is good for nearly 1:10 flat at Wakefield 123kW should be enough to get a heavy type R round in a similar time . I will keep trying, I don't have any money for more power mods .

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                        Keep up the good work fellow Two Header!!
                        Thanks man. Tas FTW .

Originally posted by mugsee View Post
                        Btw, nice photos guy. Did you take them? I'm loving the last photo of the two teamMR/Ghetto Fab cars in Tech///Sport.
                        Thanks nemesis. I have indulged in my fair share of cheque book racing though. I have also updated the first few posts with credits for the photos .

Comment

Update: Camber is Good

Today I went to Techsport to have my street tyres, Bridgestone RE001s, flipped to even out the wear from my 'excessive' camber. Below is what a RE001 looks like after 15,500kms at -4.6 degrees camber and a further 15-20,000 km previously with -1.5 camber. So I have a total of 30 to 35,000 kms on these tyres. The pictured tyre was mounted on the front of the car nearly the entire time. I only rotated my tyres once quite some time ago.

The part of the tyre that was previously the inside is on the right of the picture. The wear on this section is obvious but quite acceptable for the kms, with the tread depth being around 1-2mm. In the main circumferential grooves there is plenty of tread depth left and the former outer edge, now mounted on the inside looks perfectly evenly worn. I expect to get 10,000 kms more out of these tyres at a minimum. For reference and to illustrate my driving style I got a touch more than 20,000 km out of my OEM RE030s before they were bald at the outer edge.

I am posting this to illustrate that with correctly set toe and suspension in good condition tyre wear with significant amounts of negative camber is not as bad as some would have you believe. The people that think camber wears tyres really quickly are probably the same foolish people that install coilovers and don't get wheel alignments.

I had a bet with a certain forum member that I couldn't get my tyres to last this long with the amount of negative camber my car had. So ha.
                          Last edited by ChargeR; 27-08-08, 03:11 PM. Reason: Updated picture

Comment

thats fantastic.. my continetals contact2sport. Only lasted 6-7 month 15,000kms. fronts offcourse, Great Info, next time i'll do that with my tires..

at winton how much tire wear do you get??? just curious?

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                              I had a bet with a certain forum member that I couldn't get my tyres to last this long with the amount of negative camber my car had. So ha.
                              so the tread pattern is OK both ways?

nice!
                              ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                                so the tread pattern is OK both ways?

nice!
                                Uhhh no. It now says INSIDE in big block letters on the outside of my tyres . Next time I get tyres I will get something symmetric so I can do this trick without being dodgy.

Comment

Working...
                                X