Members review - Toda Headers+RM01A+Mugen Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Members review - Toda Headers+RM01A+Mugen Intake

Coming from a completey stock DC2R I wasn't sure what to expect..

First thing when I picked the car up after having the headers and exhaust fitted was how nice the car sounded. Sounds almost stock at idle.
    I find the loudest the exhaust gets when driving is when loading up the car with revs between 3 and 4000rpm in 3rd or 4th gear. A nice deep note, then once hitting the higher revs its almost like stock (from inside the car this is).

Definalty a noticable increase in airflow and response from the car throught the entire rev range.

Mugen Intake. I installed this about a week and half after the headers and exhaust. For all those worried about fitting this, don't be. Its really not that hard as others have made it out to be. More time consuming then hard, having said that though, I reckin I could do another install in under half an hour.

First thing I noticed when driving was how much cleaner the car revved, the stock resonater and air box are huge compared to the much more direct down to business style of the mugen intake.

As others have noted the intake makes a cool whistling noise through out various rev points. When you come onto VTEC, its much more noticable, definalty pulls harder and the sheer howl of this intake is awesome..

The grin factor of the car has definalty been increased! Lol..

Its been hard for me to stay out of the car since having these parts installed.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

very good review, have you taken the car on dyno and 1/4 mile yet?

Does your seems to be louder when you got your mugen intake installed?

Comment

Originally posted by TanK View Post
      very good review, have you taken the car on dyno and 1/4 mile yet?

Does your seems to be louder when you got your mugen intake installed?
      LOL, how long has DC2R been driving (his DC2R) stock as a rock?

i think his "butt dyno" is well and truely calibrated

good to hear you have had success with the mugen/toda combo... just need a powerfc to plug in and a bit of a tune and it will be perfect
      ... retired/

Comment

Fantastic!

Great stuff - Been thinking of the same combo.

Was tossing up between a Mugen TL or the RMO1A -As noise was the main issue.

Obviously the Fuji would gain better results as it is doesnt have a loop in it?

Correct me if im wrong....?
        "Power is nothing without control" - Peter Tyson (Pirelli)

http://thethrillofdriving.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by l3vnd1 View Post
          Fantastic!

I've used TODA + mugen TL combo and it isnt loud at all with a test pipe for track aswell.
          ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

As noise was the main issue.
            weak chris.. weak!

nice review btw!
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
              I've used TODA + mugen TL combo and it isnt loud at all with a test pipe for track aswell.
              Yeah Im sure its the quietest cat back the Mugen TL.

But obviusly the RM01A is louder, because its straight through.
              Maybe not much...

But if you had the RM01A over the Mugen TL, would u have better gains because its straight through as opposed to a loop? Better air flow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8-Bl1FquJw

Oh yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcp_V0QN2_U

Here the Mugen TL Sounds louder.

???
              Last edited by l3vnd1; 13-06-08, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                weak chris.. weak!

nice review btw!
                I know I Know

But I lived with an extremely loud exhaust for a very very long time...

I think my head is still vibrating....

Comment

thanks for the review dc2r. what cat u running with the toda headers and rm01a?

..i have similar setup (m-bit headers, stock jdm cat, fgk pg exhaust) plus mugen n1 ecu, and have been considering the mugen intake for a while now..think it may be time to bite the bullet and get one soon..
                  "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

you could buy a cheap Injen szy!
                    ... retired/

Comment

Running a JDM cat..

Quote:
                      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

Here is a short 30sec vid of my car running with the mods.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rtvUaRjAAQ

Nothing to really look at it but you'll hear it alright..

Quote:

Comment

Sounds very nice on the vid with your mods. Kinda sounds similiar to mine, except I'm running Fujitsubo extractors instead of the Todas! Are u looking at getting it tuned with a Power FC or just a VAFC?

I'll should post up a vid of mine hitting vtec as well!

Comment

Power FC...

Quote:

Comment

Nice review. I have exactly the same setup except with a metal cat and powerFC

Fantastic!

It's not loud. Although I haven't heard a Mugen TL. Reletively speaking it's not what I would consider loud.. just a nice smooth note.. I actually thought my car was abit quiet when I first heard it, but it's purrrfect IMO.
                              David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
                              '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
                              '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

Working...
                              X