Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My DC2R does not have a build # under handbrake

Hi Guys

My PY DC2R is AUSDM and has a full service history when I purchased it. Everything on it looks legit. However, the Plate on the centre console under the handbrake does not a have build number:

The car was built in Sept 99 and registered in 2000. It was brought from a Honda Dealer brand new back in Sept 2000 by the 1st owner. I am the 3rd owner.

Just wondering why my car does not have a build #? Anyone else's DC2R have no build #?

Any help to shed light on this would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Daniel

The plate was probably stolen or lost somehow, and the previous owner has replaced it with a blank from Honda (you cannot order a replacement one with the engraving/stamping done from Honda)
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Thanks for the info freakygeek!

Just wondering if there is anyway I could find out what Build # my DC2R is?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way to find out from Honda.. the previous owner may be able to tell you.

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

It matches with your engine number.. the last three digits.
          David

'00 DC2 Integra TypeR SOLD
          '78 SB2 Civic "Hondamatic"
          '07 GD3 Jazz

Comment

should but not all the time.....sometimes they have dud engines i remember with my old itr i had number 57 and engine was 58

Comment

Originally posted by milkman View Post
              It matches with your engine number.. the last three digits.
              Originally posted by macoman69
              should but not all the time.....sometimes they have dud engines i remember with my old itr i had number 57 and engine was 58
              Yes, we've discussed this before in another thread, it may be close or the same as the engine number (mine is 2 off, engine is xxx386 and car is 00-384) but you cannot know for certain what it should be, nor can Honda tell you.

Comment

When I bought my 2001 DC2 ITR new from a dealer they told me that they had stopped doing “the build number under the handbrake thing last year” but now it was back in because customers wanted them. Don’t know how true it was but it was what I was told.

Having heard that I wouldn’t be worried that your legit ITR doesn’t have one.
                Honda DC2R Integra

If I change the nut behind the wheel then my sloppy lines improve and I can get some consistency to sort out my iffy handling, my worrying lack of braking ability goes away, after that I can start fretting about my suspicious lack of straight line grunt.

Comment

Originally posted by TAFKA TMB View Post
                  When I bought my 2001 DC2 ITR new from a dealer they told me that they had stopped doing “the build number under the handbrake thing last year” but now it was back in because customers wanted them. Don’t know how true it was but it was what I was told.

Having heard that I wouldn’t be worried that your legit ITR doesn’t have one.
                  That is a total load of dealer salesperson bullshit.

Comment

i had #69 - sold the little metal badge on ebay for $500 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bennjamin View Post
                      i had #69 - sold the little metal badge on ebay for $500 lol.
                      lol that is some funny shit

Comment

500 Dollar for this little badge?
                        Not bad,man.

In germany we say in this situation: "Leicht verdiente Asche".
                        This means as much as,easy earned money.
                        sigpic

Comment

i think mine was 00157, but i will check, altho different engine means they wont match or at least shouldnt...lol

Comment

as far as i knew, it was the last digits on your vin number was your build number

for example: jhmdc221021s200XXX the 3 X's are twhat the build number on the tag should be, my best mate/mechanic, is a forman mechanic at honda and thats what he told me, and mine matches up perfect..............

mine is build number 80 on the tag and on the vin number, like you guiys mentioned the engine number is more than likely wrong..as my engine number ends in 82.....
                            a lot of other dc2r's that i have seen and no of have matching ending vin numbers with there metal piece under handbrake
                            my sale thread 21.01.12
                            CLICK & BUY AWAY

Comment

Originally posted by freakygeek View Post
                              Yes, we've discussed this before in another thread, it may be close or the same as the engine number (mine is 2 off, engine is xxx386 and car is 00-384) but you cannot know for certain what it should be, nor can Honda tell you.
                              I'll add to this, it definitely doesn't correspond to the VIN either.

Comment

Working...
                              X