The Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jingers View Post
    can people please advise me what is wrong with this picture? too busy? too grainy? not enough lighting? it is pretty dark where i took the picture and the car doesnt help .................
    I would say the two poles in the background, and the cluttered background inside that building detracts from the car itself.

Oh and that generally really dark coloured cars are really really hard to take pics of at night.

I had to take at least six shots for this image below.
    Photoshopped parts from each of the six images where I have bounced the flash to fall on certain panels, accentuating the lines from the body.
    Yet... i'm still not happy with the outcome.

IMO, I believe it's how such lighting falls onto the car itself that makes or break the image.

Last edited by NeoNode; 22-11-07, 11:15 PM.
    The most expensive is not always the best, but the best is always expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoNode View Post
      IMO, I believe it's how such lighting falls onto the car itself that makes or break the image.[/IMG]
      very good point..

(should this thread be in appearance?)
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

I do like this picture very much, it is so much better then my picture

Comment

Nice picture neonode.. What camera do u use?
          g
          [ BBU66Z ]
          g
          Girlfriend (sleeping in car): "just because i'm sleeping doesn't mean you can drive fast!"

Comment

d300 i believe

Comment

I think he has the D200
              ClubITR | Like

Comment

oh yeah!

Comment

Hehe yup D200, the day Nikon release the D300, Canon will have 5D MK II lol.

Comment

Hehe yup D200, the day Nikon release the D300, Canon will have 5D MK II lol.
                    please do it so i can borrow your lenses

love the processing that you do
                    T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

Good thread!

That's a pretty darn nice shot! Maybe try HDR to speed up post processing? Although manually PS-ing allows you way better control
                      Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

I do like this picture very much, it is so much better then my picture
                        But i'm sure if you had near infinite time and the right gear to setup that shot of Jonnie's car it would've turned out different Jing.

Originally posted by MrThanh View Post
                        please do it so i can borrow your lenses

love the processing that you do
                        Love you too Thanh

Originally posted by De_Cruelz View Post
                        Good thread!

That's a pretty darn nice shot! Maybe try HDR to speed up post processing? Although manually PS-ing allows you way better control
                        I'm definately going to try new techniques, that was my first attempt at night photography with dark cars.
                        Quite the experience and a test of patience lol.

Comment

You guys are so good in this.....I am still a beginner......what camera you guys recommand? I am after the 400D ATM......is it good...or do any of you have any suggestion.....btw my budget is up to 1.5k.........prefer close to 1k mark......thx...
                          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                          1)ブレーキを踏む
                          2)クラッチを切る
                          3)シフトダウンしなから、
                            アクセルをぶかす
                          4)クラッチをつなぐ
                          :blah:
                          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Hmmmmm so yeah,

Shooting in events like tuesday is so different......

Instead of framing and composing the shot for however you want you are forced to do it NOW NOW NOW .....

It is definitely different to shooting in a controlled enviroment and i would argue tuesday's conditions was some of the worst i have seen for a photographer.
                            This is so true. Especially with the poor lightings. Thank goodness i just got my 580exII flash. Although i still don't know how to use it properly, but the pics are rather decent.

*Only photoshop the background people to emphasize the gals.
                            For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Nice Ryan, colors look natural and the flash isn't too harsh either! Did you have a diffuser on?
                              Justin Oh Wedding Photography

TYP 88 R

Comment

Yes, i have the Stofen diffuser on. No bounce flash. Direct flashing to them with diffuser. I will hate to blind those beautiful ladies
                                For all ralliart colt owners & lovers, i'm please to announce that the ralliart colt forum is finally online and working. Please come and support the site. http://www.rcolt.com

Comment

Working...
                                X