The Official Photography Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Photography Thread

Since we have so many photographers and so many photo related threads, i thought it might be a good idea to have it just all in one thread.

This might be requests to see what lens you would get, photo techniques, your experience at a recent shoot etc etc ....... basically a home for photographers on this forum that they will always check
    Last edited by felixR; 03-06-11, 11:35 AM.

sounds good!

stickied it!
    ... retired/

Comment

Hmmmmm so yeah,

Shooting in events like tuesday is so different......

Instead of framing and composing the shot for however you want you are forced to do it NOW NOW NOW .....

It is definitely different to shooting in a controlled enviroment and i would argue tuesday's conditions was some of the worst i have seen for a photographer.

Comment

here is one from my week away...

Canon 720iS in macro mode with no tripod...

Attached Files
        ... retired/

Comment

good colors and interesting subject

i stared at it for a long time trying to figure out what it is.

is it a spring? but it cant be? it leads into a tree branch WTF

im also freaked out easily by spider webs .......

Comment

also i am no expert at cropping but if i was in your position i would crop the picture like this. This way there is less distractions around the main subject which is the springimagig

If any other photographers would like to comment on what i did it would be good...at least i know im not shooting off some crap LOL

Attached Files

Comment

that pic sure does look like springs

z10 says:
              i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
              z10 says:
              mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

it is a spring on a verrrry rusty swing

at that "golden time" of the afternoon
                Attached Files
                ... retired/

Comment

yeah, it was uncroped jing,

i like the view of the mountain in the background, as it reminds me of that lovely place...

and yes, your crop certainly makes the subject more important...
                  ... retired/

Comment

ahhhhhh

Comment

I really like the shape of the car in this picture, but i really dont like the picture as a whole...

can people please advise me what is wrong with this picture? too busy? too grainy? not enough lighting? it is pretty dark where i took the picture and the car doesnt help .................

Comment

the "shape" is influenced by the gutter immensly isnt it!

can you reduce some of the whiteness? i kinda feel like squinting when looking closely...
                        ... retired/

Comment

its a problem if i reduce that then jonnies car would be totally blackded ...... need proper lighting AIiiii ..........

I mean i can prolly spend awhile to photochop it but yeah . im more after natural shots

Comment

Too much blow out from the street lights draws too much attention away from the car.

Maybe photoshop with some layers and reduce the brightness of the background? (Disclaimer: I'm a PS noob)
                            Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

if the car was a lighter colour it may have turned out better, the brightnes of the background make you look at it first not the car.

if you had diffused fill flash with the long exposure time may of made the car stand out more, just my 2c

heres one i took on the qld cruse months ago, it turned out much better than i thought it would

Cam: Minolta 7D
                              Lens:minolta 28-75 F2.8D
                              ony photoshopping was cropping

Comment

Working...
                              X